X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Mothra, Queen of the Monsters!!

Went a little cutesy on this one and wanted it to look more like a suit actor instead of a puppet.

[url=https://postimg.cc/21G0ZCgt][/url
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that came out great. how big is this one?

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Agree with Nostalgiabuff, it came out great... And the destroyed building ruins are really cool.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

She’s about the same size as Rodan and my last Godzilla 12 inches ish. Weather cut my pictures short
        Last edited by thunderbolt; Jun 30, '22, 4:59 PM.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• battmasterson
          Career Member
          • Dec 22, 2010

I agree with everyone. That is a great figure. You always have great details and I like your original interpretations. Bravo

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Another winner!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool, another grand slam winner love those wings, but please no twin fairies…could not stand them and that annoying song Motheraaaaaaa, always hoped Godzilla would have stepped on them.

Some tidbit info, in Japan they were called the Peanuts, so if Godzilla stepped on them they would have been called peanut butter.

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Looks great, as always. Love how vibrant it is.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Cool Mothra. Has a bit of komainu vibe to it. Very nice. I also really like the take that it is representing an actor.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 31, 2012

Man, had to keep going back to the wings! Striking deco. Is that paint? At first glance, it looked like some sort of elaborate woven work. Nice job!

Really enjoying the design liberties you've taken with all of these! Good stuff, as always!

(I would not have been able to resist sneaking in some subtle reference to the fairies, perhaps on a half-demolished billboard. You're a stronger man than I!)

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, she's pretty.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                        Very cool, another grand slam winner love those wings, but please no twin fairies…could not stand them and that annoying song Motheraaaaaaa, always hoped Godzilla would have stepped on them.

Some tidbit info, in Japan they were called the Peanuts, so if Godzilla stepped on them they would have been called peanut butter.
                        They were a singing duo called the Peanuts and played the twins for the first 3 Showa era movies they appeared. Different actresses played them in Ebirah. I love the mythology built up around Mothra and the Shobijin, its a good counterpoint to Godzilla being a monster of science gone wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎