X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Mego body colors

Are there any new Mego bodies that are the color of the new bandless Black Adam body? He's pretty tanned looking. I can't think of any that would be a match, but most of my figures are stored away in boxes and not very accessible. None of the ones I have on-hand are anywhere near the same color. I want to make a custom Namor from the Adam head, so I need the body to match as close as possible. Thanks!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Paul mentioned in a live stream I was on that Mego going forward would be trying to match the 70s tan look of our childhood faves. So hang tight I guess?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      Paul mentioned in a live stream I was on that Mego going forward would be trying to match the 70s tan look of our childhood faves. So hang tight I guess?
      But, those will be on the new bandless bodies. I don't want a Namor with a huge waist gap. Unless they fix the gap, it'll be the same problem I'm having now.

Comment

• palitoy
        • Jun 16, 2001

yeah, i don't know.

Comment

• MegoMam
          • Dec 21, 2015

Scotty was pretty tanned, I've been having a hard time finding a non-trek leg body to match it.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Taylor has a nice tan, much closer to the original bodies, and he is on the old Nu Mego body. I'm thinking from what has been said that there's a strong possibility the astronaut version of him might be on the same body. We've heard that wave 15 will still be a mix of old and new bods, and I imagine it would be more economical to re-use the same head and body rather than having to adapt the head to the bandless body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by MegoMam
              Scotty was pretty tanned, I've been having a hard time finding a non-trek leg body to match it.
              Why do you need a non-Trek body to match the Scotty tan? Are you making something that has the body showing? If not, you could just switch out the legs and keep the torso and arms with the head.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                Taylor has a nice tan, much closer to the original bodies, and he is on the old Nu Mego body. I'm thinking from what has been said that there's a strong possibility the astronaut version of him might be on the same body. We've heard that wave 15 will still be a mix of old and new bods, and I imagine it would be more economical to re-use the same head and body rather than having to adapt the head to the bandless body.
                Thanks! I'll get out my Taylor and compare the two. I did get an extra Taylor to do what Mego is going to do anyway, so I have an extra.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Wave 15 must be getting dispatched now; this seller has several of the new figs pictured for body/variant intel: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn...75.m3561.l2562

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

The back of the package for George Taylor says AHSA and not ANSA on his uniform. That's quite a mistake, in my opinion.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 28, '22, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      The back of the package for George Taylor says AHSA and not ANSA on his uniform. That's quite a mistake, in my opinion.

For allegedly not being able to use Heston's likeness that back picture sure looks like him.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher

Where is that image from? The new wave 15 'Astronaut Taylor'? I ask because my Topps Taylor has a real image of Heston on the back, and I think it's weird that they could use a real image of him on the Topps figure and not on the wide release...
                        Last edited by apes3978; Jun 29, '22, 1:55 AM.

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

Wack posterization and egregious typo… strange indeed.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, that's really weird.

On the plus side, the Mutant card I showed in my review is not the one the stores are getting, so the font glitch was fixed.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              For allegedly not being able to use Heston's likeness that back picture sure looks like him.
                              What makes you say they couldn't use Heston's likeness? I know that was an issue with the original Mego line back in the day, but recent figures (including the 8" ones from NECA and Mego) made me think that issue had been resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎