X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Freedom Fighters Phantom Lady

Continuing with the Freedom Fighters: Phantom Lady. Standard Mego female body with an Isis head and new hair. Still debating whether to add the green goggles, as she wasn't wearing them yet in the 70's series I'm basing these on. Thing is, I really like the look with the goggles, so that might be added down the line.
    phantomlady1.jpg
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

Awesome Sauce! that suit is always a challenge and you nailed it Scott!!

! I get what you're saying about the goggles, and 70's Sandy didn't wear them, and I like that look.
    I equate the goggles to Chuck Austen's 90's version of Sandra Knight, which also had the 90's bad girl Rock style hairdo.
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

The big thing pushing me toward the goggles is that the FFs did appear in Crisis, and she did have them there. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

• KnightDetective
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 31, 2012

That turned out extremely well, Scott! You're one of the few that can make the standard Mego female shine, despite its limitations. I think the goggles would only add to an already nice figure.

(And for what it's worth, I don't detect a smidge of Connie Francis in the finished product!)

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

This is a very neat looking custom with nice eye catching colors, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• battmasterson
            Career Member
            • Dec 22, 2010

Great custom. You nailed the costume. Great Job.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
              The big thing pushing me toward the goggles is that the FFs did appear in Crisis, and she did have them there. Decisions, decisions...
              Cool figure, and if George Perez gave her goggles that should be enough to push you to that part. I thought she had them since the All Star Squadron days at least anyways.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Where will you get goggles in her size?
                JediJaida

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

I think she looks great...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

She's wonderful, I love the Isis face paints for her.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

looks awesome! You always amaze with your ability to get the best out of the Mego female bods. Are the goggles removable, or static?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I think the goggles would be an easy addition: green tinted translucent vinyl, cut in a shape similar to a domino mask but without eye-holes, and affixed at the temples with glue or a thin black elastic band hidden in her hair.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by KnightDetective
                          (And for what it's worth, I don't detect a smidge of Connie Francis in the finished product!)
                          Then why do I hear "Where the Boys Are" in my head whenever I look at her?

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          Where will you get goggles in her size?
                          Just need to find a small piece of clear green plastic. Used to be those cheap plastic folders for school reports were solid enough to cut a piece from fold it, and it would hold it's shape, but they don't make 'em like they used to. I'm looking at a colored plastic tab from a file folder as a possible option.

Originally posted by KnightDetective
                          That turned out extremely well, Scott! You're one of the few that can make the standard Mego female shine, despite its limitations.
                          The only real problem I tend to run into with the classic Mego females is the waist ball. It provides really good movement, but it does cause the waist to bulk up very quickly. I have to be really careful not to overlap too many things there, because the layers do build up noticeably.
                          Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 27, '22, 1:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎