X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Previews Batman Beyond & Deathstroke

My figures arrived today and they look very nice! I took one crappy carded picture before I ripped these open:

Mego Diamond Previews Set Carded.jpg

Batman Beyond:

Mego Batman Beyond 1.jpg

Mego Batman Beyond 2.jpg

Mego Batman Beyond 3.jpg
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Deathstroke:

Mego Deathstroke 1.jpg

Mego Deathstroke 2.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

A Few Comparison Pictures

Mego Diamond Previews Set.jpg

Mego CM & Batman Beyond.jpg

Mego CM & Deathstroke.jpg

Mego New Body Trio.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for detail pix, both are sharp and I like Deathstroke's detailing and accessories. Are the boots molded in orange?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Quick overview... I like both these figures of characters I like, but do not love.

Both are on the new bodies. Batman Beyond is comparable to an old body in height and even head size. I think the height may have to do with the costume at the feet. It's maybe a bit to much material, but it gives him some height. I guess the head is just oversized for the figure.

Deathstroke is the same height as the Topps Captain Marvel. A very nicely crafted figure, even with the mostly silk screened suit, which I waffle on a bit, especially when the belt is silk screened. But here, it works.
          Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 24, '22, 9:00 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Thanks for detail pix, both are sharp and I like Deathstroke's detailing and accessories. Are the boots molded in orange?
            Yep, molded in orange.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you. Not a fan of painted accessories.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the great pictures! My Batman Beyond should get here tomorrow.

Just eyeballing it, do you think Deathstroke would transfer well to a regular sized Mego body?

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Green Arrow feels like an exception in that his clothing looked loose, while the rest of the new body DC Comics figures I have opened seem to have well fitted clothes. So I think a transition might be tight, especially in the crotch are, but going to a regular Mego-sized body and not a slightly larger Type-S might work okay.

And we have seen the Hasbro G.I. Joes converted to Type-S bodies. The cut around the larger shoulders of the new body may help with the fit in a conversion too since regular bodies have more sloped shoulders, giving more room to work with in the costume.

For me, I am a little hesitant to move Deathstroke, Captain Marvel and especially Batman Beyond to new bodies, although BB fits in fine, scale-wise.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Get mine today as well. Looking forward to these. It was fun working on them.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Get mine today as well. Looking forward to these. It was fun working on them.
                      You did an excellent job! Great looking and fun figures.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        You did an excellent job! Great looking and fun figures.
                        Much appreciated. Mego has an awesome team working on all these releases.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

I'd love to put the Batman Beyond head and costume on a type S black body. That way he can have fists too. Those boots gotta go though...
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

If they did Batman Beyond’s face cast in silver it would make a neat looking Silver Surfer.

Both of these look sweet, I give a slight edge to Deathstroke but you really made a nice score with these congrats.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                              I'd love to put the Batman Beyond head and costume on a type S black body. That way he can have fists too. Those boots gotta go though...
                              I took the boots off and that is when I noticed the extra material around the feet. I suppose I could fix it to look right and it’s nice to have options, like with Ultraman, but I realized that I don’t mind the boots, as I originally thought I would.

Using Star Trek boot legs and going with a similar design as that of the Hasbro version would have been interesting too.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎