Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got ripped off on my TOPPS MEGO order.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesB.
    • Dec 15, 2013

I got ripped off on my TOPPS MEGO order.

So, after waiting nine months or so, I finally recieved my two orders of TOPPS Mego Hammer Horror figures today, and I am incredibly upset to discover I was shortchanged one of two Christopher Lee Mummy figures that I had ordered.

I had ordered seven Hammer figures (three Zombies, two Phantoms and two Mummys). The PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIE and PHANTOM OF THE OPERA figures arrived in one box; while the two MUMMY figures were supposed to be in the other. When I opened the box up, I was shocked to find only ONE Mummy figure. But the invoice within the box states that two figures were shipped.

I used a service called Shipsey which brought the figures across the border and I paid extra to arrange for Canada Post to ship them to my door, which is what happened today. The box with the Mummy figure was sealed and there was no damage to the box, so it wasn't taken out/stolen by a postal employee. Ironically, the other box with the five figures (Zombies and Phantoms) did have a bit of damage/tears to the brown tape, but the figures were all inside and in perfect condition.

I live in Canada and had to pay A LOT of money to get these figures. Shipping, customs/duty fees, additonal shipping costs. To open them up tonight and discover that I was ripped off one figure is incredibly upsetting. To say that I am livid would be an understatement. I am absolutely furious. Who is responsible for this - TOPPS or MEGO? And how the hell could something like this even happen? Who do they have working in the warehouse to screw up like this?

The figures were meant to be divided between my brother and myself. Now I can't do that.

What do I do here? I don't see a phone number on the TOPPS invoice to contact them. And I WILL NOT pay shipping and customs/duty fees again. Could someone here please advise me who to contact/or pass on some contact info to me. Any help from members here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-James
    Last edited by JamesB.; Jun 23, '22, 12:03 AM.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

The shipping notice should have had a weight on it somewhere which would show how many figures were actually shipped as opposed to the number of items. Contact Topps, by the contact information on the Topps website.

Should be easy to get them to ship you the missing figure. You should not have to pay them additional shipping, since it was their mistake.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

The weight should be on the FedEx tracking email.

Comment

• JamesB.
        • Dec 15, 2013

Thanks for the link, Lonnie.

There isn't a shipping weight on the TOPPS invoice. The sticker on the cardboard shipping box says "1lb."
        The weight for the other box with the five figures states "2 lbs." I don't have a scale handy, so I don't know how accurate either of these weights are.

I'll try to contact someone at TOPPS during my lunch break today. Thanks again.

-James

Comment

• JamesB.
          • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          The weight should be on the FedEx tracking email.
          The sticker on the cardboard shipping box says "1lb."

The weight listed on the sticker for the other box with the five figures states "2 lbs"

I don't know how accurate either of these figures are, as my scale is packed away.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

I doubt this'll help you in anyway, but here it is:

The box they sent me containing four figures says the weight is/was 1.85 LB, and the one containing six figures weighed in at 2.55 LB.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by JamesB.
              I'll try to contact someone at TOPPS during my lunch break today. Thanks again.
              Good luck with that (seriously).

You'd think they would have made a few more figures than just the exact number that were ordered for each character, to allow for damaged figures, and such, or in your case, non delivered figures...

Comment

• JamesB.
                • Dec 15, 2013

I called TOPPS customer service today and the representative on the phone said I would have to contact the company's support staff via e-mail, which I did. I had to include photos of the invoice and packaging (thankfully I took photos of everything last night).

A few hours later, I recieved an automated e-mail response, stating they they were experiencing larger call and e-mail volumes and would respond back to me as soon as possible.

I'm not happy that I had to spend most of my lunch hour on this, but I am hoping they have an extra Mummy figure on hand to ship and this issue can be rectified. But again, I can't believe I'm having to deal with this at all. All they had to do was put two figures in a box - like the invoice stated.

-James

Comment

• JamesB.
                  • Dec 15, 2013

I was speaking with a TOPPS representative again today. They were helpful and appeared to want to get this situation fixed up ASAP, and shipped out another Mummy figure today. According to the tracking, it's estimated to reach me in a couple of days. So, that is good. Hopefully it will arrive in good shape.

-James

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

^^^ I hope you get your figure, and stop getting the runaround. ^^^

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Good luck, JamesB! I hope it works out this time.

Comment

• JamesB.
                        • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        Good luck, JamesB! I hope it works out this time.
                        Thanks, TRDouble! Appreciate it!

Comment

• JamesB.
                          • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by apes3978
                          ^^^ I hope you get your figure, and stop getting the runaround. ^^^
                          Thank you, apes3978!

It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I'm hopeful it will arrive okay. The rep on the phone yesterday was very helpful.

Comment

• JamesB.
                            • Dec 15, 2013

The missing Hammer Mummy figure arrived today.

It was well packed with some bubble wrap, and arrived in good condition.

It took a couple of phone calls and a lengthy e-mail to TOPPS, but everything turned out okay in the end. Thanks to everyone who commented, provided info and/or read the post! I appreciate it.

-James
                            Last edited by JamesB.; Jun 29, '22, 7:45 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by JamesB.
                              The missing Hammer Mummy figure arrived today.

It was well packed with some bubble wrap, and arrived in good condition.

It took a couple of phone calls and a lengthy e-mail to TOPPS, but everything turned out okay in the end. Thanks to everyone who commented, provided info and/or read the post! I appreciate it.

-James
                              Glad your story had a happy ending!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎