X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1974 AHI Catalog – Azrak Hamway- Super Monsters- Batman

1974 AHI Catalog Azrak-Hamway International was the absolute king of the 1970s licensed Rack Toys. 1974 was a giant leap for the company as it saw them significantly expand their licensed offerings and create iconic collectable toys. AHI chose such heavy hitters as the Universal Monsters, Batman, Spider-Man, the Super Friends, Popeye, the Flinstones and […]
    The post 1974 AHI Catalog – Azrak Hamway- Super Monsters- Batman appeared first on PS.

More...
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

That creature with those colors....sigh. A grail for me.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I just can’t say enough about the pink carded ahi monsters, I remember getting mine at a local Kresge’s but I could never find the creature, I finally got it by trading figures with a friend, I think it was Spock which I didn’t mind since I could easily get another, I never could find CFTBL even later on.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

The kingdom for a '73! But watch it NOT have any Universal Monsters in it.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by SeattleEd
          That creature with those colors....sigh. A grail for me.
          AHI Creech is my all-time favorite monster toy.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

What a great year! My birth year by coincidence, but man, that is just so full of win. Love little things like Raggedy Ann and the Flintstones being on swapped cardbacks. And That Curt Swan/George Klein Superman cover looks like he's from the classic Superman Red/Superman Blue story!

All the Bat and Spider-vehicles are just so much fun. I love how Spidey Cycle 6040 has a bat-shaped launch key! Just proving that any Bat-vehicle usually had a corresponding Spider-version in the 70s...even though Peter Parker didn't have a driver's license!
            sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Parking in New York was so bad even the Superheroes chose to walk everywhere. Was CFTBL sold on a blister card or tied to the card back? The picture really doesn't look like it was blister packed?

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                Career Member
                • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                Parking in New York was so bad even the Superheroes chose to walk everywhere. Was CFTBL sold on a blister card or tied to the card back? The picture really doesn't look like it was blister packed?
                That's a mock-up. The retail item was like all the rest, a plastic bubble heat-sealed to a cardboard backer.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎