X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Planet of the Apes Custom Tutorial on YouTube

Excellent CustoMego tutorial here; well worth a watch for painting tips!
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Great video. I think I’m gonna pick some of those heads up and see what I can do.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I was unsure of some of those heads because the modelling seems off. But, the few I've seen painted look good.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I like that he's worked these into a line of options, and they are improving. Some are significantly better than others with his Zaius being the best so far, and the humans/Mutants having more anatomy oddities (necks/chins).

With the Apes, unnatural oddness becomes visible to our eyes with mirrored digital sculpts. If you tweak them a bit with some filing/manipulation to make them slightly less symmetrical, they can be quickly improved.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 23, 2019

Can’t see this, is it casual crafter? He seems to but from evilbay reliving the past.
          Am I wrong, am I banished to not posting, or seeing stuff?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Tiberiusguy
            Am I wrong, am I banished to not posting, or seeing stuff?
            No, you're posting, we don't have any half measure in place here. It's odd that you can't see this.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
              ^^ I like that he's worked these into a line of options, and they are improving. Some are significantly better than others with his Zaius being the best so far, and the humans/Mutants having more anatomy oddities (necks/chins).

With the Apes, unnatural oddness becomes visible to our eyes with mirrored digital sculpts. If you tweak them a bit with some filing/manipulation to make them slightly less symmetrical, they can be quickly improved.
              How are they to deal with?

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Have only had easy, fast transactions… he's located in Las Vegas.

Forgot to mention, his (RelivingThePastAgain) Ape submachine gun and pistol are excellent for Ursus upgrades, but the rifle is undersized.

Here's the corresponding intel/assembly on JSpy25's awesome Prison Wagon too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPRbBMOEZ-g
                Last edited by Confessional; Jun 21, '22, 8:28 AM. Reason: …gear up, and into the Forbidden Zone we go!

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
                  ^^ Have only had easy, fast transactions… he's located in Las Vegas.

Forgot to mention, his (RelivingThePastAgain) Ape submachine gun and pistol are excellent for Ursus upgrades, but the rifle is undersized.

Here's the corresponding intel/assembly on JSpy25's awesome Prison Wagon too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPRbBMOEZ-g
                  Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎