X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Wonder Man series

Kind of cool. A Simon Williams show is coming to Disney Plus. Could they do Hank McCoy?(their buddy thing could work for television) Introduce Tigra? Grim Reaper would have to be in it and will he have any connection to the Vision?
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Does anybody really wants this? Not being snarky, I just don't get it.
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
      Its not like he's going to headline a movie, so this seems the perfect venue for the character. Disney seems to be sneakily rolling out more potential Avengers.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Its not like he's going to headline a movie, so this seems the perfect venue for the character. Disney seems to be sneakily rolling out more potential Avengers.
        Perhaps....could be cool I guess.
        sigpic

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Who wanted Guardians of the Galaxy when it was announced. One of the strengths of Feige and Marvel Studios is being able to take a property that no one knows or knows that they want, and be able to turn it into something that fans adore and gets the viewership it needs to generate revenue and build their shared universe.

I was a big Wondy fan when he was with the Avengers in the 70s, but lost track of him at some point in the 80s and have no idea what his current status quo is, but I'll check out this series when it comes because I have yet to have an unpleasant viewing experience watching something from Marvel Studios. I've like some better than others, but I've enjoyed them all to some extant at least.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
            Who wanted Guardians of the Galaxy when it was announced. One of the strengths of Feige and Marvel Studios is being able to take a property that no one knows or knows that they want, and be able to turn it into something that fans adore and gets the viewership it needs to generate revenue and build their shared universe.

I was a big Wondy fan when he was with the Avengers in the 70s, but lost track of him at some point in the 80s and have no idea what his current status quo is, but I'll check out this series when it comes because I have yet to have an unpleasant viewing experience watching something from Marvel Studios. I've like some better than others, but I've enjoyed them all to some extant at least.

-M
            Totally agree with you on GOTG! However that was the old MCU...and Feige wasn't the only one running things. Sadly, the M-She-U is declining rapidly.
            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Totally agree with you on GOTG! However that was the old MCU...and Feige wasn't the only one running things. Sadly, the M-She-U is declining rapidly.
              I am going to have to disagree with you, and that last statement is one of the main reasons why I tend to avoid interacting with so-called fans online these days. I despise even the hint of gatekeeping in anything, but especially fandoms, or the insinuation that inclusion ruins anything. I'll refrain from saying anything further because it would lack decorum.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Guessing you'd prefer a sausage fest?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i'll check it out as I have everything and if it isn't for me then that's fine. i dropped Ms Marvel as it just didn't really engage me but for the people who like it, good on them

Comment

• ToyTalk
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    i'll check it out as I have everything and if it isn't for me then that's fine. i dropped Ms Marvel as it just didn't really engage me but for the people who like it, good on them
                    I'll watch just about anything once. My taste can be very eclectic, so I never know what I might like and might not. I love Stargirl and I didn't think I would but Ms. Marvel wasn't really for me. I got uber excited about Moonknight but didn't end up liking it at all. Who knows, I'll give it a shot.
                    Last edited by ToyTalk; Jun 21, '22, 7:04 AM.
                    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Who knows? Maybe this will lead to West Coast Avengers.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Guessing you'd prefer a sausage fest?
                        No, I'd just prefer that didn't go down the "Marvel Now" path, because it was complete garbage.
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
                          I am going to have to disagree with you, and that last statement is one of the main reasons why I tend to avoid interacting with so-called fans online these days. I despise even the hint of gatekeeping in anything, but especially fandoms, or the insinuation that inclusion ruins anything. I'll refrain from saying anything further because it would lack decorum.

-M
                          Ya know, I'm perfectly fine with you disagreeing with me...you are entitled to your own opinion. It doesn't hurt my feeling and I won't require a safe space. I'm definitely a Gatekeeper, proud of it and plan to continue doing so. Also, don't try and rewrite history...Marvel Comics has always been "inclusive.
                          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Suddenly I'm reminded of Mark Twain.

At any rate, I wonder if Simon's ionic energy will be depicted? Have we seen Kirby Dots yet in the MCU?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Suddenly I'm reminded of Mark Twain.

At any rate, I wonder if Simon's ionic energy will be depicted? Have we seen Kirby Dots yet in the MCU?
                              ooooooh, I hadn't thought about that. Would be pretty cool
                              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎