Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Fix for Loose Waist and Legs on the New Body

Images

A Quick Fix for Loose Waist and Legs on the New Body

Here's a quick and easy way to tighten the waist and legs on the new "bandless" bodies. I used an O ring kit and double-sided thick clear tape.......both from amazon.....I did this to the waist on all the bodies and they are super tight now. Some of the legs were fine and didn't need to be tightened.

I wrapped the tape around the waist joint a few times

**The clear tape is very thick and will fill the gap nicely**
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (202.9 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (197.7 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (204.9 KB, 61 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (201.6 KB, 55 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (191.6 KB, 57 views)
    Last edited by lucasd4; Jun 10, '22 at 7:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasd4 View Post
    Here's a quick and easy way to tighten the waist and legs on the new "bandless" bodies. I used an O ring kit and double-sided thick clear tape.......both from amazon.....I did this to the waist on all the bodies and they are super tight now. Some of the legs were fine and didn't need to be tightened.

Great idea. May have to give that a try later tonight. Would that work on those old Mattel bodies too?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    Great idea. May have to give that a try later tonight. Would that work on those old Mattel bodies too?

I think it would work with the Mattel body waist. I'm not sure about the legs. If I remember correctly, those Mattel bodies had elastic or something in the legs instead of plastic joints. It would be worth a try though.

Images

What a wonderful idea to salvage the Sidekick body.

Many thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nubee View Post
    What a wonderful idea to salvage the Sidekick body.

Many thanks

You're welcome. It doesn't fix the height issue but it does make the figures feel sturdier, stand up straight, and hold poses better.
    Last edited by lucasd4; Jun 11, '22 at 12:42 AM.

Would the superglue trick work as well?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Would the superglue trick work as well?
    I'm not familiar with that one....how does that work?

I'm not familiar with that one....how does that work?
    It works be squirting superglue into the joint and moving the parts until the superglue sets and it builds up in the space and tightens the joint. It's been used for loose action figure joints for a long time. It works really well. As long as you move the joint until the glue is fully cured it won't glue it together. It's done with the runny kind, not the gel, because the gel doesn't get into the joint very well. I've done it to a few action figures before.

Images
    Blog Entries
    you put superglue at the joint and continue to work the joint so it doesn't freeze up till the superglue cures and takes up the gap/creates friction at the joint. Might work on the legs but probably not the waist
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    you put superglue at the joint and continue to work the joint so it doesn't freeze up till the superglue cures and takes up the gap/creates friction at the joint. Might work on the legs but probably not the waist
    I'm thinking it would work on the waist with no problem. Same as any other joint.