X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

EL SANTO versus THE DEMOGORGON

If you're a big fan of the classic Lucha Libre movies of El Santo, Blue Demon and Mil Mascaras, you'll enjoy this special Doritos "commercial" that is a 3 minute mini-movie of El Hijo del Santo taking on the Demogorgon from Stranger Things!

Officially licensed Stranger Things tie-in, this is canon people!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

REALLY well done.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That was awesome. I think Vecna is doomed.
    sigpic

Comment

• publiusr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 23, 2015

I love it
      But what about La Parka?

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Ha ha! That was awesome!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by publiusr
          I love it
          But what about La Parka?
          La Parka was not part of the Luchadores vs Monsters movies of the 60s and 70s. He was too young. I don’t believe he was ever in a movie either.

The main film protagonists were El Santo, Blue Demon, Mil Mascaras…and to a lesser degree, Tinieblas and el Rayo de Jalisco Sr.

El Santo, Blue Demon, and Rayo de Jalisco Sr. are deceased (including La Parka). Both Mil Máscaras (79) and Tinieblas (83) are still with us. Both Mil Máscaras and Tinieblas were personas specifically created for the movies (whereas el Santo, Blue Demon, and el Rayo de Jalisco were already established masked wrestlers prior to the movies). The man under the mask of Mil Máscaras was already a pro wrestler prior to the movies, but he changed personas for the movies. Tinieblas was a body builder who then became professional touring pro wrestler after the movies. Tinieblas is the tallest of the bunch at 6’ 3”.

But el Santo is the most popular, beloved, and legendary in Mexico. Followed by Blue Demon. Mil Máscaras is third (but most popular internationally).
          Last edited by Hector; Jun 12, '22, 4:37 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

A little bit of Mil Máscaras gossip, ha…

Mil Máscaras has drawn criticism from fellow wrestlers such as Mick Foley and Chris Jericho for his unwillingness to sell moves and put opponents over. In a 2007 shoot interview, Superstar Billy Graham said that, during their series of matches, Mil Máscaras was unwilling to sell properly. In September 2012, while announcing an Alberto Del Rio match at WWE's "Night of Champions" pay-per-view, John Layfield called Mil Máscaras "the most egomaniacal, selfish human being that ever lived."

Mil Máscaras has attributed these claims to cultural differences in the sport, saying:

One problem is that in the U.S. some wrestlers focus more on their image than their skills. I understand because I understand the business. I don't criticize them for that, but they should understand that for me wrestling means something more. If a guy doesn't execute a move, I don't pretend that he did. If I miss a move, then I don't ask anyone to make me look good.

— Mil Máscaras, Filmfax, pp.51–52, issue 1, 2012
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

One last tidbit: Alberto del Rio is Mil Máscaras nephew.
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                A little bit of Mil Máscaras gossip, ha…

Mil Máscaras has drawn criticism from fellow wrestlers such as Mick Foley and Chris Jericho for his unwillingness to sell moves and put opponents over. In a 2007 shoot interview, Superstar Billy Graham said that, during their series of matches, Mil Máscaras was unwilling to sell properly. In September 2012, while announcing an Alberto Del Rio match at WWE's "Night of Champions" pay-per-view, John Layfield called Mil Máscaras "the most egomaniacal, selfish human being that ever lived."

Mil Máscaras has attributed these claims to cultural differences in the sport, saying:

One problem is that in the U.S. some wrestlers focus more on their image than their skills. I understand because I understand the business. I don't criticize them for that, but they should understand that for me wrestling means something more. If a guy doesn't execute a move, I don't pretend that he did. If I miss a move, then I don't ask anyone to make me look good.

— Mil Máscaras, Filmfax, pp.51–52, issue 1, 2012
                No way he's more selfish than Hogan. Now that is the king of egomaniac mountain.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Mascaras did some really great low budget English language films about a decade ago. They totally know that they're cheesy and they're quite fun, he fights mummies, robots, and all the good stuff.

Hijo de Santo and Blue Demon Jr both show up in one as well, although there isn't much interaction.

I also recommend the Santo: El Enmascarado De Plata - Blu-ray Boxset for anyone who wants to watch some great HD Santo movies, but dubbed in English. Most of these films have not been made available with subtitles and if you don't speak Spanish, you're SOL, but these dubs (which often get panned) are actually quite good and fit with the spirit of the cheesy films.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

most if not all Santo movies are on Tubi also.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

that's classic!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Yeah it's really well done.

Comment

Working...