Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-doing some heads for the next team...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Re-doing some heads for the next team...

Been doing some re-sculpting and re-hairing for my next project. Some heads still need a couple things, but this is where I am now:
    newheads.jpg

Edit: Y'know, the more I look at Uncle Sam, the more I realize how much Picard's face schlorps down to the right here, especially the eye. Might try again with a WOK Kirk head, as his eyes are much more even.
    Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 9, '22, 4:40 PM.
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Scott, can you identify the female head for me, please? Looks familiar, but I can't quite place it. Reminds me of Connie Francis!

(And that's a new wrinkle with the low right eye deco. Cavill is whomper-sided too. So many of the modern heads have had a high right eye! Maybe they will level out in a few years!)

Looking forward to the finished team!

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Phantom Lady is Isis; used some Testor's liquid cement to remove the painted headdress. And now I will see Connie Francis ever time I look at her.

The schlorping faces do seem to be a problem, likely a reason Mego has gone to solid heads. Cavill can be compensated for, but the hat on Sam makes it impossible not to see the drooping eye with Picard. Last night, I gave it another try with Dr. McCoy, with more even results:
      sam1.jpg

Comment

• KnightDetective
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
        Phantom Lady is Isis; used some Testor's liquid cement to remove the painted headdress.
        Ah, thank you! Isis came to mind a moment after I posted, but you did such a clean job of removing the headband that I couldn't be sure.

Originally posted by scott metzger
        And now I will see Connie Francis ever time I look at her.
        Hee, hee! Sorry about that!

(Mwa-ha-ha-ha! *wrings hands in glee like a cartoon supervillain*)

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

What a fantastic team to do. I was on my way with this team years ago and now I have to start over. First I am trying to finish my JSA and 7 Soldiers all 10 of them. Then Go on to Freedom Fighters and All-Star Squadron, and Invaders. (I used to have the core 3 of these too, now I have none)

At Least My JLA is Only one away from being done , If you count FTC figures too.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎