X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    The waist is also higher, so the legs are longer, too. Not just the torso.
    The only change in the bodies is actually just the torso being stretched out a little. Legs are the same length and arms are also the same length.

Comment

• Mejo
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 30, 2022

Got the new Captain Marvel and Black Adam the other day, and while I like the figures on their own, they don't really blend in standing next to previous releases, all of which have much larger heads, adding to their height. Don't get me wrong, I prefer figures with more realistically proportioned heads (these aren't Funko Pops after all!), so when Mego puts out more figures like this, they won't seem so different.

Also, the hands on the newer figures, like Cap, have a more "realistic" finger positioning but, again, I'm used to the classic hands of Mego and so the new hands look almost "dainty" in comparison. They look like they're meant to be pulling a trigger, or something. I prefer the classic hands, which don't look so specific as to what they are doing; you could as easily pretend they are socking someone as much as holding something. And how many super-heroes use guns? These hands could be reserved for characters like Deadpool or Western themed sharpshooters.

I know it's a lot to ask of the company, which I think is doing a great job returning to the business, but maybe eventually figures could have several male body types, depending on the character. This applies to torsos, arm, and legs.

1) The Standard body: for characters who have a heroic physique but aren't overly developed. Examples: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Black Adam, etc.

2) The Beefy body: for characters that have slightly bulkier look to them. Examples: Captain Marvel, Mr. Hyde, Absorbing Man, Baron Mordo, Beast, Dr. Octopus, etc.

3) The Child body: for characters that are significantly younger or smaller. Examples: Aang, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Billy Batson, etc.

Height adjustments to the Standard or Beefy characters could be minimal (just a quarter-inch taller or shorter would be enough) and achieved solely by a slight change in the length of the thighs. The Sidekick--Robin or Bucky, for example--could have the same arms and torsos as the Standard figure but have legs that are just a tad shorter. Same for Tall characters--like Tall Marvel or Thor--only with legs that are slightly longer than average (used sparingly, of course). The Beast, for example, could have the Beefier parts but with slightly shorter legs.

For characters known for their ample girth around the middle (i.e. Penguin, Bouncing Boy, Friar Tuck, Uncle Dudley, Harry Mudd, etc.), a special torso could be used in conjunction with either Standard or Beefy arms and legs, with either taller or shorter legs, depending on their overall look.

4) A special Monster body, with a far wider girth to arms, legs, and arms, could be used for characters like the Hulk and Juggernaut. The Hulk really doesn't need to be any more than 8.5" tall.

The 14" scale could be reserved for characters of exceptional height, like Galactus, Validus, Giant-Man, etc. Again, the body type (Standard, Beefy, Monster, etc.) could all apply, albeit scaled up.

Anyway, I'm just rambling on now. I'm no toy designer, but I do have complete faith in Mego to perfect their brand ... after all, they invented the 8" action figure, which we all love, and I look forward to many more characters to come!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎