X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I have attached pics of the regular Wave 15 CM in comparison to the Topps CM: It's an improvement height wise but still short in comparison to the Type S and the regular Mego body. I removed the boots to give a more objective comparison in height AND becuz I just couldn't get the Wave 15 CM to stand in a neutral position. (I hope I am wrong about the reason for this....I will get to it inna moment.) I replaced the boots with a pair of CTV boot and the regular CM now stands fine. As pictured he is still short when compared to Kang and the Hammer Mummy (Piece of junk, don't buy it. I will get to this in another post.) Getting back to the CM boots, the reason CM could not stand is becuz his feet do not go all the way into the boots. I took a bright flash-light and saw the reason: The boots are too dang narrow and the feet are just too wide. So, no matter how hard I huff n' puff those feet will not go into those boots. The attached picture of the boots shows the narrowness: 1st Gold Pair belongs to the Topps CM, 2nd Yellow Pair belongs to the Wave 15 CM and the 3rd Yellow Pair is the CTV boot. I hope this is not Mego way of trying to add height into their lil-improved Sidekick body. If not, why create another issue when the Gold boots should just have been repainted yellow? Why a new backward step design with narrow boots? FYI, CM still cannot be transplanted onto a Type-S like a regular Mego body. The inseam on the Wave 15 CM is made for the Topps CM aka Sidekick body. (I guess CM is trying to be cool by following hip hop fashion.) Sign....I wished Mego was more like the prior Waves. As of now, I will wait until I hear from others before my $$$ is wasted. I considered folks who did NOT order the Topps figures and even some of the Wave 15 fortunate. (I do like the Wave 15 Kor: The only difference I see aside from the height improvement is the pants has a gold tone as oppose to silver....very minor.) Don't be foolish, like me, and let a bunch of pictures and prior products history sucker your $$$ away. As I stated before, civilian like characters can be shorter but why the heck is CM staring up to Kang or the Mummy? I guess Mego now has a Sidekick-Like body and a Sidekick body. Hooray? But, not in my opinion.
    Last edited by nubee; Jul 12, '22, 4:59 AM.

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

sorry duplicate post
      Last edited by nubee; Jul 12, '22, 4:53 AM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Anyone got a pic of the newest body nude? Where is the added height coming from? Does it still have that awkward gap between the torso and hips?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Between his chest and waist he was stretched out a little. Other than that, I don't know where he was made taller. He still has the waist gap.

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            Anyone got a pic of the newest body nude? Where is the added height coming from? Does it still have that awkward gap between the torso and hips?
            I will stripped the two CMs (Topps and Wave 15) and take a pic when I get home. (I really have no use for them as is. I plan on using them to kit-bash a better custom....sign.) Yes, it will definitely give a better perception of the height difference. With the daylight, I may even have a better perception of the reason why the Wave 15 CM has such a hard time balancing in a neutral position such as standing. From my flashlight, I swear it looks like it's due to the feet not fitting correctly into the boots. My Wave 15 CM keeps leaning forward unless I bend the knees or take the boots off. The Wave 15 suit is kinda tight on CM too. It was made for the Topps CM :(. I was so happy with Flash I bought 2. I now have 4 CMs (2 Topps and 2 Wave 15) and I am not happy with either of 'em.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              Between his chest and waist he was stretched out a little. Other than that, I don't know where he was made taller. He still has the waist gap.

Lonnie, is the head painted flesh? it sure doesn't match the body color.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Lonnie, is the head painted flesh? it sure doesn't match the body color.
                I don't own this figure. It's a picture from facebook.

Comment

• nubee
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

1a.jpg2a.jpg3a.jpg4a.jpg5a.jpg

Attached are the the requested pics. I also attached 2 pics of the Sidekick-like CM body to the headless Son of Frankenstein body. Again, for me, this is a nada body for superheroes. Civilians like the upcoming Ghost Busters r Ok but not for CM, Supes, Batman, Aquaman, etc.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the pics. They got it pretty close. It looks like the difference now is below the waist (nah... too easy).

I know Joel mentioned the potential for additional changes to the waist gap. Hopefully when they make that change, they get the rest of these kinks worked out.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                      Thanks for the pics. They got it pretty close. It looks like the difference now is below the waist (nah... too easy).

I know Joel mentioned the potential for additional changes to the waist gap. Hopefully when they make that change, they get the rest of these kinks worked out.
                      They aren't changing this newer body, they are making another body at a different factory that will have the fixed waist gap.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

They aren't changing this newer body, they are making another body at a different factory that will have the fixed waist gap.
                        That's good news on the waist gap.

Got some wave 15 figures last night and took a look at the bodies compared to an original Mego. It's almost the same height, back to back. As you can see in the pictures in the post above, the tops of the arms where they plug into the shoulders are pretty much dead even. The difference seems to be above the collar bone. The new body is a lot more flat where the old body slopes up more toward the neck hole/peg. The legs are a little shorter, but the torso is a little longer, so it almost evens out. The difference is small now. As long as the heads are a little bigger in the future to match the larger torso, I think the difference is going to be within most folks' tolerance.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by nubee
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]33415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33416[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33419[/ATTACH]

Attached are the the requested pics. I also attached 2 pics of the Sidekick-like CM body to the headless Son of Frankenstein body. Again, for me, this is a nada body for superheroes. Civilians like the upcoming Ghost Busters r Ok but not for CM, Supes, Batman, Aquaman, etc.
                          Thanks for the pics. It's just a new torso. That's the added height. The torso is a bit bigger.

Very odd that they would fix that but not the waist gap.

I'll be honest, I find Mego's regular changing of the bodies and releasing what it essentially unfinished and piecemeal product baffling.

Part of the whole "charm" of Mego is that there is a body more or less already made and they can quickly crank out new costumes, heads, add ons, etc to make new figures. But in a way it feels like this new venture has been all about getting licenses and cranking out toys without actually having that base body done.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

It's just a new torso. That's the added height. The torso is a bit bigger.
                            The waist is also higher, so the legs are longer, too. Not just the torso.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

The waist is also higher, so the legs are longer, too. Not just the torso.
                              in the chest to chest shot they look close and the shorter body has the pelvis rolled toward the back too
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 19, 2019

Hmm...if only the lower legs were a bit longer they'd be perfect...
                                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎