X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by Confessional
    ^^ Wow, only a C+… that's like buying an India-era FTC figure (like the re-releases of the Mad Monsters). Low-grade plastic, mediocre 2nd-gen sculpts, poorly constructed bits, and poorly tailored clothing.

Mine haven't landed yet (maybe today/tomorrow), but what I'm seeing online doesn't appear to be anywhere near that bad. I could see giving Zira such a low mark though.
    OK... it's not just me then.... the Mad Monsters clothing really were tailored wrong. I had to cut the toes off the suits for my Wolfman and Dracula to even get them on the body properly.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
      OK... it's not just me then.... the Mad Monsters clothing really were tailored wrong. I had to cut the toes off the suits for my Wolfman and Dracula to even get them on the body properly.
      Perhaps that's the earlier run of clothing? Or that it eventually when worn on the body it stretched proper?
      I have a CTVT Dracula I got on eBay last year. I swapped the suit onto a Mego 2.0 Disco Drac,
      and it looks good to me......

tjackson_drac.jpg
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
        Definitely not just you. The first couple releases of those were pretty terrible, with poor Red Drac as the worst. I think when they changed them to the 2nd-gen China-bods, they improved the clothing.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
          ^^ Wow, only a C+…
          Well, looking at them again today, I did change my mind a bit: Maybe a solid B.

They get an A+ for choices of the actual characters though... C+ for the body, which isn't terrible, but like a lot of the others, I would have liked them to be more like the old styled body.

And, I don't know if anyone else's Mutant Leader has them, but my Mutant's robe has two small blemishes on it: Nothing terribly noticeable, but they're there and were there when on the card. They kind of look like marker hit them and the marker was trying to be cleaned off, but still needs another go 'round to get the stain completely out. I am *not* saying they're marker stains, just that that's the look they have, half faded marker...

I am glad I bought them, it's just that QC might have been a little better.

Comment

• Retro76
            • Aug 4, 2012

Has anyone tried and transfered the Topps figures' clothes to a type-S body?

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Retro76
              Breaking: Paul “Dr. Mego” Clarke just revealed that the World’s Greatest Superheroes will return to stores in window boxes that will look as close to the original window boxes as possible. The figures themselves will retain the original charm including the oven mitts. It has been confirmed that the original

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Retro76
                Someone did it for Green Arrow. Looks great. Unfortunately the Topps Captain Marvel and Black Adam are not transferable to a Type S. The suits r too small. The heads can be transferred but one would need to either use the Mattel suits or get a custom.

Comment

• Retro76
                  • Aug 4, 2012

Thanks folks. So looks like the transfer would vary depending on the figure.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 29, '22, 6:26 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 29, '22, 6:27 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

They stretched him out between his chest and his waist, so now he's taller. I think they should have altered it slightly and got rid of the waist gap. It would have been very simple. If I could take the torso apart and fix it with magic sculpt and reassemble it, I would. But the torso doesn't want to come apart. This is a picture from facebook. I don't have a new body in hand. This is the wave 15 Brent with slave rag outfit.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I didn't expect these to be corrected in Wave 15. I figured they would have still had the Topps bodies for a little longer. That is great!

I know people don't like the waist gap, but with any sort of pants (including even undies) I would think it would be hidden.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I thought there would be more of the shorter body coming out. I wonder if the shorter body will be in demand for people to make sidekicks out of.

Comment

• nubee
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              Many thanks for the pic.

I sincerely hope they corrected the height and loose joints issues.

Regarding the height I am still skeptical. One pic has the figure with no boots on and the other with boots on. It's very hard to compare. I wonder Y the original poster didn't just do a side by side pic of the side kick body with the alleged improved wave 15 body? If there's any improvement it seems very minimal and still remains short in comparison to the regular Mego body.
                              Last edited by nubee; Jul 2, '22, 9:09 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by nubee
                                I wonder Y the original poster didn't just do a side by side pic of the side kick body with the alleged improved wave 15 body? If there's any improvement it seems very minimal and still remains short in comparison to the regular Mego body.
                                Maybe the original poster didn't have any of the Topps bodies to compare with.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎