• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Update on New Bandless Body

Posted about 12 minutes ago on Facebook by Dr. Mego:

“The issue with the height difference has already been addressed - but these figures had to ship out. We could not hold up shipping in order to correct the issue. The difference in size is minimal.”
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Does this mean the initial figures had to ship out but future ones will be 'addressed'? Or does this mean they decided that the size issue is minimal and are not going to correct it?

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
      Does this mean the initial figures had to ship out but future ones will be 'addressed'? Or does this mean they decided that the size issue is minimal and are not going to correct it?
      I think it means the first batch will be a little short, but future batches will be closer in size to the original Mego figures.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Liu Bei
        I think it means the first batch will be a little short, but future batches will be closer in size to the original Mego figures.
        That's the way I read it to.

But it does make me wonder that if the height issue has been addressed and possibly resolved, will the variants use that body, or the body we got for the Topps figures? That would make for some interesting posts.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

So, will the shorter bodies be in demand for people wanting to make custom sidekicks? Will that make the Topps figures even more valuable?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I wonder if they fixed the waist gap, too.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Hopefully they will address the brittle plastic breakage too. Just saw a broken arm green arrow
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Hopefully they will address the brittle plastic breakage too. Just saw a broken arm green arrow
                ... now brittle plastic too? In addition to possible loose waist and hip joints and
                height issue. Y did we buy these inferior Topps Megos?

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

I have green arrow and I have moved his arms and legs around. He doesn't seem all that loose or brittle to me. I am sure there will be quality issues with any figure line but mine seem great.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by nubee
                    ... now brittle plastic too? In addition to possible loose waist and hip joints and
                    height issue. Y did we buy these inferior Topps Megos?
                    Looking back 9 months, we didn't have any ideas of how these were going to be... I know for myself, I was assuming they were going to be in-line quality wise of what we had been getting. I don't think anyone really assumed there was going to be any issues,

I haven't receive Brent and The Mutant Leader yet, so I haven't had a chance to size them up. But, I'll wait until I have them in hand to pass judgment on them.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

In a perfect world, I'd have loved this new bandless body to otherwise appear exactly the same in torso sculpt, etc so there'd be no visible difference other than the shoulder/thigh joint. That said, the pics I've seen have me excited to see them in hand for custom opportunities. I may swap Kor's head to a Kang body and use Kor's shorter body for a fun custom.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by apes3978
                        Looking back 9 months, we didn't have any ideas of how these were going to be... I know for myself, I was assuming they were going to be in-line quality wise of what we had been getting. I don't think anyone really assumed there was going to be any issues,

I haven't receive Brent and The Mutant Leader yet, so I haven't had a chance to size them up. But, I'll wait until I have them in hand to pass judgment on them.

Well, I received Brent and The Mutant Leader today: While The Mutant is pretty good overall, Brent's got the wobbly waist as others have described... That said, it's not terribly wobbly, let's say I just stand him up/stand him in place, he doesn't automatically flop forward, it's when he's being handled that the loose waist is noticeable.

The Mutant Leader has a better waist, no floppage when he's undressed or being handled... And, it does help that he's dressed in a body stocking, which helps hold him in place better.

I'm not regretting the buy, but I do think they could have been a bit better. I'd give 'em a C+.

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Wow, only a C+… that's like buying an India-era FTC figure (like the re-releases of the Mad Monsters). Low-grade plastic, mediocre 2nd-gen sculpts, poorly constructed bits, and poorly tailored clothing.

Mine haven't landed yet (maybe today/tomorrow), but what I'm seeing online doesn't appear to be anywhere near that bad. I could see giving Zira such a low mark though.
                          Last edited by Confessional; Jun 10, '22, 9:16 AM. Reason: …big Friday morn hmmmm! <Gulp!>

Comment

• nubee
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by apes3978

I got Kor and he is on that horrible Sidekick body. Luckily my Kor is OK aside from the height and slightly loose hip joint. The clothes appear to be transferable to a Type S . (Yippee !!) When I have the opportunity I will post a pic of Kor next to Kang (who is in the regular Mego body). The height is just as noticeable as when compared to the Type S body. I have idea why Mego approved such a body. I don't like it at all.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by nubee
                              I got Kor and he is on that horrible Sidekick body. Luckily my Kor is OK aside from the height and slightly loose hip joint. The clothes appear to be transferable to a Type S . (Yippee !!) When I have the opportunity I will post a pic of Kor next to Kang (who is in the regular Mego body). The height is just as noticeable as when compared to the Type S body. I have idea why Mego approved such a body. I don't like it at all.
                              I agree with you...Mego didn't have to re-invent the wheel; All that was needed was a change to the upper arms...Hence, the Green Arrow !!!

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ivaniski; Jun 10, '22, 2:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎