X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

CTVT's Type S body.

So, when I first started getting into 8 inch Mego style figures... I bought a deluxe Type S body to utilize in my Conan custom.

Only to find that the flesh is super pale compared to the head they sell for their Barbarian stuff. SO I ended up shelving it. Until I got my hands on a ZICA body.

Fast forward a couple of years, and as my collection and custom works grew, I'd always bought the deluxe body with the double jointed knees and elbows though because I figured, "hey...more joints more posability."
    but I got curious and bought the red regular Type S for my Devil figure since he'll be wearing a suit anyway and I gotta say... I kind of prefer the regular body over the deluxe.

The deluxe joints just seem a lot more...floppy. Sure I wish the shoulders were a bit bigger on the regular, but I don't think the upgrades are necessary anymore.

What do you guys think?
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I have never been a big fan of the deluxe Type S.

For clothed characters, I didn't really see a need, and if the costume was tight, it seemed like the double joints might cause more issues.

For characters with bare arms and legs, I prefer the swivel joints that the double joints.

All that being said, I have been curious to try them for muscle definition. Superman and other strong characters might look better with more muscle tone in the arms and legs. I have five original kits from the first run from ZICA and Castaway; maybe I will try one out tonight just for the heck of it, just to see how the costume fit are for a few characters.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by TRDouble
      I have never been a big fan of the deluxe Type S.

For clothed characters, I didn't really see a need, and if the costume was tight, it seemed like the double joints might cause more issues.

For characters with bare arms and legs, I prefer the swivel joints that the double joints.

All that being said, I have been curious to try them for muscle definition. Superman and other strong characters might look better with more muscle tone in the arms and legs. I have five original kits from the first run from ZICA and Castaway; maybe I will try one out tonight just for the heck of it, just to see how the costume fit are for a few characters.
      In a better world, the Zica bodies would be plentiful and ready for purchase all the time...

in all honesty... the normal Mego body would look a thousand times better with larger shoulders. I wish CTVT would start selling the LJN SWAT type 2 shoulders with the swivel biceps...
      Wanted:

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

I have bought a few type S bodies and have been mildly disappointed as well. Most were tight but one was very loose and there is not really anything that can done about it. But the biggest issue would be the color. It is almost grey, so if you have a character that gets a bit more sun it's necessary to paint the arms / legs etc. if they're exposed. The 1/6 scale body ZICA shows protos of looks nice. Maybe it will lead to a mego scale

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by blastphemey
          I have bought a few type S bodies and have been mildly disappointed as well. Most were tight but one was very loose and there is not really anything that can done about it. But the biggest issue would be the color. It is almost grey, so if you have a character that gets a bit more sun it's necessary to paint the arms / legs etc. if they're exposed. The 1/6 scale body ZICA shows protos of looks nice. Maybe it will lead to a mego scale
          I'd even be ok if Mego would shrink down their 14" bodies to 8" scale.
          Wanted:

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎