Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Question- for someone who never got into the books (I know, blasphemy), do you think I might enjoy the series? I read the first TPB but was not inspired to pick up any more.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

No Wesley Dodds?

Hector & Lyta Hall?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Hector and Lyta Hall are there but they are not super heroes. There is a superhero Sandman, but he is slightly changed as are most of the characters. Some people will be unhappy about a larger number of black characters and the larger number of LGBTQ etc characters and the gender swapping of some characters but nothing has changed the core of the stories.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
          Question- for someone who never got into the books (I know, blasphemy), do you think I might enjoy the series? I read the first TPB but was not inspired to pick up any more.
          I wouldn't be sure who might enjoy it.
          I am a fan from way back, so I am a bit biased. It follows the basic storyarc of Preludes and also Doll's House and I thought it did a fine job of that. The standalone stories that don't really fit in the major story arc might be a bit confusing to viewers as to why they are there, but I thought Sound of Her Wings and the Hob episode to be fantastic. I also liked the Calliope that was added as the last episode of the season, tho Dream of 1000 cats left me a bit flat from the animation standpoint. Storywise, 1000 Cats was still good, but the animation sort of kept kicking me out of the suspension of disbelief that I enjoy with movie watching.
          My heaviest critique -beyond the animation in 1000Cats - would be that Sandman needed crazier hair. The fluidity of character gender/race did not distract from the story, tho I must confess that after 45 years or so of reading comics and having House of Mystery (and Secrets) in some of my earliest comic memories, casting Cain to look much more brotherly to Abel disappointed me a bit.
          Overall tho, it was a very satisfying version of Gaiman's Sandman and I look forward to a second season, hopefully with the Seasons of Mist story.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

I read the comics when I was younger and went in very VERY skeptical.

I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I really hope we get a season 2.
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎