X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Sandman looks promising

Trailer looks pretty good and excited to have this show up for the fall season.
    I am hoping they stick pretty close to source material. Several of the images in the teaser look ripped straight off of the page, so that is encouraging. I'm glad the studio is taking advantage of the series approach and allowing for longer and more complicated storylines to run on screen.
    There is another world that waits for all of us when we close our eyes and sleep — a place called the Dreaming, where The Sandman, Master of Dreams (Tom Stur...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Does look good. The online haters are going nuts over the Constantine casting
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

haters gonna hate. Constantine had a brief cameo in the comic. Easily written around for a multi episode show, I'm sure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by rche
        haters gonna hate. Constantine had a brief cameo in the comic. Easily written around for a multi episode show, I'm sure.
        They couldn't use him so they got his female ancestor. the woman in the tan coat in the clip
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I am hoping they stick pretty close to source material.

Well...that ship sailed pretty quick.
          sigpic

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

I'm very much looking forward to this. Gaiman has a very active hand in this, and pretty much any changes are going through him much like they did with the Audible adaptation (which is fantastic). Neil is a veteran of several mediums, and he has always said if he was doing Sandman for a medium other than comics, there would have been things he did differently, so I think most of the changes they make are aligned with his vision of what a Sandman TV show should be like.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              They couldn't use him so they got his female ancestor. the woman in the tan coat in the clip
              Lady Constantine was a character in the storyline. Not seeing any major change there.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Yep. I totally agree. American Gods got a little off track by the second season, so I hope this stays a little more centered on the storyline. If they have to fudge a few minor characters in order to work in the cinematic universe, then so be it. Trailer looked pretty spot on to me. If I were to nitpick, I am sure that none of the character voices sound remotely like what my imagination has them as, but I will get over that pretty quickly, I’m sure.

Originally posted by MRP
                I'm very much looking forward to this. Gaiman has a very active hand in this, and pretty much any changes are going through him much like they did with the Audible adaptation (which is fantastic). Neil is a veteran of several mediums, and he has always said if he was doing Sandman for a medium other than comics, there would have been things he did differently, so I think most of the changes they make are aligned with his vision of what a Sandman TV show should be like.

-M

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Lady Constantine was a character in the storyline. Not seeing any major change there.
                  ohh i know that. But the fanboys expecting Mr. Constantine can't deal.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

Some of the more toxic fanboys showed their intolerances early on. The concept of a black woman playing Death was just outside of their grasp. Despite the fact the Endless would change appearance depending on who was seeing them. And the casting of a nonbinary actor to play...an extremely nonbinary character seemed like the weirdest complaint at all.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

anyone watch yet? any good? i never read the comic though i was aware of the character. the show is on my watch list just haven't started yet

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

I've watched the first two episodes and am having a great time with it. It looks fantastic, and I have no issues with any of the slight tweaks to characters. I wonder about the pacing for anyone who is not familiar with the storyline, but my wife has told me she is thoroughly enjoying it and she has not read any of the books. I look forward to diving into the rest of the series when I get a little leeway in my free time.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

glad to hear your wife is liking it. i was debating whether to have my wife watch with me or not

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Boyfriend & I just watched the series, and we liked it. It has been years since I read the comic books so I have forgotten more than I can remember of the series. I plan on rereading the first couple of TPB to brush up on the series.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Boyfriend & I just watched the series, and we liked it. It has been years since I read the comic books so I have forgotten more than I can remember of the series. I plan on rereading the first couple of TPB to brush up on the series.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎