Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what happened with TOPPS Green Arrow?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah, I was really looking forward to upgrading my Mattel Black Adam with the new Mego head.

Comment

• lucasd4
      • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      The difference in head scale distresses me. I was hoping to do some swapping.

I put one of my new Green Arrow heads onto a Type S body (taller figure)..it's on the small side, but doesn't look too bad on the Type S. Both heads are new Mego.......the shorter guy is the new body.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lucasd4; Jun 3, '22, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

That's helpful and looks nice. Thank you.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

doesn't look to small to me on the type s. i i didn't order him but am looking forward to getting my Apes and Trek orders. I think John Colicos was shorter than Ansara anyway so Kor will fit right in next to Kang

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by lucasd4
            I put one of my new Green Arrow heads onto a Type S body (taller figure)..it's on the small side, but doesn't look too bad on the Type S. Both heads are new Mego.......the shorter guy is the new body.
            The head doesn't look bad to me. But the height difference is very drastic. Very glad it can be done on a type S body. In fact, GA's suit looks to be better fitted. The clothing looks too bunched on the sidekick body.
            Last edited by nubee; Jun 4, '22, 3:48 PM.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

How easy is it to remove and transfer the head?

Comment

• lucasd4
                • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                How easy is it to remove and transfer the head?

The heads are pretty easy to remove and transfer. I heat the heads a little with a hair dryer first, but they will come off without heat. There is a small adaptor piece inside the head that makes it fit the neck knob on the new body. Once you remove the adaptor piece from inside the head, it is hollow just like the FTC heads that are made of PVC. You just insert an FTC neck adaptor inside the Mego head and use a little super glue to secure the adaptor inside the head.........in a few minutes, it's ready for use with a Type S body........I use a FTC head below as an example.

Here the adaptor piece that goes inside the head is still attached to the body

1.jpg

Here the adaptor piece has been removed

2.jpg

This is what the heads look like with the adaptor piece still inside....partially pulled out

3.jpg

Once the adaptor piece is removed, the heads are hollow just like this FTC head

4.jpg

Insert and glue an FTC neck adaptor inside the head and it's ready for a Type S body

5.jpg
                Last edited by lucasd4; Jun 4, '22, 8:41 PM.

Comment

• dcohendmd
                  • Jan 20, 2014

the size difference is disturbing....how can this happen? Somebody at Mego had to make a decision to go forward with a sub standard body!

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I received my two Green Arrows and Ra's Al Ghul. One of my Green Arrows is the special No Belt variant...

Topps GA No Belt.jpg

Ugh.

I guess I will reach out to Mego on the Facebook Page to see if I can get one sent to me.

The other one is fine, besides the belt being put on upside down.

I will open one later.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I received my two Green Arrows and Ra's Al Ghul. One of my Green Arrows is the special No Belt variant...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33176[/ATTACH]

Ugh.

I guess I will reach out to Mego on the Facebook Page to see if I can get one sent to me.

The other one is fine, besides the belt being put on upside down.

I will open one later.
                      I don't know why, but I love factory errors like that! I'd keep it that way.

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

Good luck in getting things sorted with factory flaws. I sent Dr Mego a picture of my albino Dr McCoy in the hopes he'd exchange the body and it never panned out even after multiple email resends. My friend has a broken arm Neo Mego Batman out of package along with a chalk white McCoy body and he has no faith Mego will correct the matter. Too bad.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Mego was fixing the McCoy issue and the painted body on the other trek figure. But not the painted body bride of Frankenstein

Originally posted by jacoblb
                          Good luck in getting things sorted with factory flaws. I sent Dr Mego a picture of my albino Dr McCoy in the hopes he'd exchange the body and it never panned out even after multiple email resends. My friend has a broken arm Neo Mego Batman out of package along with a chalk white McCoy body and he has no faith Mego will correct the matter. Too bad.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jacoblb
                            Eh. I guess everyone's mileage may vary. I've gotten a corrected McCoy and GL Suit from Dr. Mego, and again from Frank Wojo, along with a corrected Michael Burnham, when I purchased both figures again. Not to mention way back when Dr. Mego sent out the corrected 14" corrected scale Batman head, free of charge.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

My GA had his belt on upside down, but that was a quick fix. I layed a green twist tie inside his hood to give it that more distinctive Mike Grell shape. Despite the lack of green hands, this is a sharp looking figure. Had Mego continued into the late 80s, I could see them updating the figure to this Longbow Hunters look.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎