X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

MOTU Origins Kol-Darr is here!

This guy looks amazing! Exclusive to Mattel Creations soon!

• ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Oh man that's great!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Is this an existing character that I missed somewhere along the way? He certainly looks cool.
      sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Is this an existing character that I missed somewhere along the way? He certainly looks cool.
        He appeared in one episode of the Filmation series...which tells me Mattel may have more cartoon characters coming!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

It's nice that they are doing a cartoon character that never had a figure before. Hopefully we'll see Red Knight get a figure too. Mattel Creations is a good place for these more obscure characters.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Ah, okay. I saw every episode of the Filmation series, but it's been a LONG time since I've seen the bulk of them. Like 36 years or so.
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Cool--when does this go live for pre-order?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Preorder tomorrow.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ At 9:00 a.m.PST, I found. I doubt I can nab one but will try.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I thought they were doing a WunDarr figure with him too?

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I really love this Origins line and keep feeling the pull to buy a few even though I had aged out of toys by the time MOTU came along. I have no connection from the past, but these are still very appealing for whatever reason.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^I'm enjoying collecting Origins so much, they are marvelous toys and customizable with mix-n-match parts.

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          ^I'm enjoying collecting Origins so much, they are marvelous toys and customizable with mix-n-match parts.
                          How many have you collected? Are you going for the whole line or just buying what you like?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, I'm all-in, as much as I can be--I like most of it so far. Exclusives are challenging. My greatest collecting regret is selling my original MOTU but honestly this line is better.

I've bought some extras to customize, too. The figures snap apart and can be remixed, with custom heads online.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Oh, I'm all-in, as much as I can be--I like most of it so far. Exclusives are challenging. My greatest collecting regret is selling my original MOTU but honestly this line is better.

I've bought some extras to customize, too. The figures snap apart and can be remixed, with custom heads online.
                              Yes! I have to agree...looking at my Origins side-by-side with their vintage counterparts, I'm not really feeling the need to have vintage anymore. With very few exceptions, Origins are superior in every way.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎