X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1975 Matchbox Fighting Furies Catalog

1975 Matchbox Fighting Furies Catalog The Fighting Furies were introduced in 1974 by Matchbox (Lesney) and were the creation of legendary toy design firm, Marvin Glass and Associates. The line at this time centred around a series of Pirate action figures with “duelling action” which was a lever on their backs allowing them to […]
    The post 1975 Matchbox Fighting Furies Catalog appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I don't think I ever saw these outside of Christmas wish books. Really fun looking toys. The skull playset looks great but maybe a little undersized for the figures. Was it repurposed from something else?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, the stuff that wasn't produced .

I love this line and am now trying to collect catalogues. I assume years '74, '75, '76--but which over-sized catalogues were available besides '74?

Any advice is appreciated.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I only saw these in the catalog, but there is a picture my Mom has of me as a kid and it clearly shows me playing with my Lone Ranger dressed to resemble Captain Peg Leg (presumably earlier in his career...before the peg leg). The Christmas catalog is on the floor in the picture, too. I'm assuming it was a reference, but I don't know that for sure. I do remember doing the repurposing of the Lone Ranger, though.
        Last edited by Makernaut; May 25, '22, 4:51 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

While I did not have the figures I do remember having a few of the costumes. I still have parts of the Hooded Falcon adventure packed away.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• tay666
            Career Member
            • Dec 27, 2008

Hmmm.
            Pirate figure with arms that move when you push a lever.
            Sounds an awful lot like a line of models I love.
            Which was released in 1972 (a few years before these figures)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎