X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Los angeles march, 2014

Made this post 8 years ago. The Vangelis soundtrack was pure magic and fit the movie perfectly. He will not be forgotten.

Los angeles march, 2014

Decided to take some pics of the different filming locations of Blade Runner. Took along the PKD just in case any skin jobs tried to interfere.

Drove through the 2nd St. Tunnel to get to the Bradbury Building.

The beautiful Bradbury Building located at 304 South Broadway; home to J. F. Sebastian and location for final showdown between Deckard and Batty.

Catty corner from The Bradbury is the Pan Am building where the interior shots for the Yukon Hotel were filmed.

From there I made a stop at Union Station, 800 North Alameda Street. This was used for Police Headquarters.

The final stop was located in the twisty hills of Griffith Park: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Ennis Brown House at 2607 Glendower Avenue. This was used for Deckard's apartment. The unique outside panels were copied and used in the interior of his place.

Made it home safely without having to retire anyone. Time for a drink.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Awesomeness! <cheers!>

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by J.B.
      The final stop was located in the twisty hills of Griffith Park: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Ennis Brown House at 2607 Glendower Avenue. This was used for Deckard's apartment. The unique outside panels were copied and used in the interior of his place.

That house was also used as the House on Haunted Hill.
      The hands that grip.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Cool photos!

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm a bit of a movie/TV location nerd and these are fantastic to see. I have always loved the Bradbury Building and it's hard to miss when it shows up. I remember it from an "Outer Limits" episode and it turned up a few years back in Season 4 of "Bosch". I think I had read that the interior shots for the intro of "Ray Bradbury Theater" were shot in the Bradbury Building and that may be why I casually thought "Bradbury" as in "Ray Bradbury" until Wikipedia (and falling into Wikipedia Hole) came along to clear that assumption up for me.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Makernaut
            Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm a bit of a movie/TV location nerd and these are fantastic to see.
            Thanks. Couple more from '20:

Last edited by J.B.; May 25, '22, 9:15 PM.
            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎