X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1975 Matchbox MAC Catalog- Mobile Action Command

1975 Matchbox MAC Catalogue   Matchbox MAC or “Mobile Action Command” is one of the 1970s most forgotten toy lines. That’s a shame because of how wonderful they really are. A series of quasi-futuristic vehicles that come with a nameless driver (I always pretended he was a robot), this series would run for years and […]
    The post 1975 Matchbox MAC Catalog- Mobile Action Command appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I have no memory of ever seeing those in stores. I still think they really cool toys.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I have no memory of ever seeing those in stores. I still think they really cool toys.
      Same here.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, I recall rack-toy knock-offs of them c. 1978-79 but not the actual toys.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

I have vague memories of these toys, but the mountain playset makes me think of something I had years ago (so this is one of those posts). I remember when I would go my grandparents a brown plastic playset that was like a mountain pass or valley set up. I know that my grandmother picked it up at a second-hand store, and it was just the rocky terrain set up. I used it with my cowboy figures, even reenacting the ambush that's part of the Lone Ranger's origin. This would have been 1979 or 1980, and I'm wondering if it were part of MAC or something similar. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Falstaff13
            I have vague memories of these toys, but the mountain playset makes me think of something I had years ago (so this is one of those posts). I remember when I would go my grandparents a brown plastic playset that was like a mountain pass or valley set up. I know that my grandmother picked it up at a second-hand store, and it was just the rocky terrain set up. I used it with my cowboy figures, even reenacting the ambush that's part of the Lone Ranger's origin. This would have been 1979 or 1980, and I'm wondering if it were part of MAC or something similar. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
            Sounds like the Comanche Pass playset by Marx:

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

That's the right shade for the rocks, but it was horizontal than vertical. I'll look at other playsets like that one. Thanks.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                That's the right shade for the rocks, but it was horizontal than vertical. I'll look at other playsets like that one. Thanks.
                Still suspect it is Marx. I am not familiar with this set, but maybe this one?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Wow, that Apache Mountain playset is impressive--imagine it with ReAction POTA.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                    Still suspect it is Marx. I am not familiar with this set, but maybe this one?

https://marxplayset.info/marx-vintag...n-playset.html
                    I'm thinking that is it, or some other Marx set like it. I'll look through some Marx galleries. Thank you.
                    Hugh H. Davis

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎