Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: 1975 Matchbox MAC Catalog- Mobile Action Command

Plaid Stallions 1975 Matchbox MAC Catalog- Mobile Action Command

1975 Matchbox MAC Catalogue   Matchbox MAC or “Mobile Action Command” is one of the 1970s most forgotten toy lines. That’s a shame because of how wonderful they really are. A series of quasi-futuristic vehicles that come with a nameless driver (I always pretended he was a robot), this series would run for years and […]
    The post 1975 Matchbox MAC Catalog- Mobile Action Command appeared first on PS.

More...

Images
    I have no memory of ever seeing those in stores. I still think they really cool toys.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    I have no memory of ever seeing those in stores. I still think they really cool toys.
    Same here.

Images
    I like these, I recall rack-toy knock-offs of them c. 1978-79 but not the actual toys.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I have vague memories of these toys, but the mountain playset makes me think of something I had years ago (so this is one of those posts). I remember when I would go my grandparents a brown plastic playset that was like a mountain pass or valley set up. I know that my grandmother picked it up at a second-hand store, and it was just the rocky terrain set up. I used it with my cowboy figures, even reenacting the ambush that's part of the Lone Ranger's origin. This would have been 1979 or 1980, and I'm wondering if it were part of MAC or something similar. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff13 View Post
    I have vague memories of these toys, but the mountain playset makes me think of something I had years ago (so this is one of those posts). I remember when I would go my grandparents a brown plastic playset that was like a mountain pass or valley set up. I know that my grandmother picked it up at a second-hand store, and it was just the rocky terrain set up. I used it with my cowboy figures, even reenacting the ambush that's part of the Lone Ranger's origin. This would have been 1979 or 1980, and I'm wondering if it were part of MAC or something similar. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
    Sounds like the Comanche Pass playset by Marx:

https://marxplayset.info/vintage-mar...cessories.html

Images
    That's the right shade for the rocks, but it was horizontal than vertical. I'll look at other playsets like that one. Thanks.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff13 View Post
    That's the right shade for the rocks, but it was horizontal than vertical. I'll look at other playsets like that one. Thanks.
    Still suspect it is Marx. I am not familiar with this set, but maybe this one?

https://marxplayset.info/marx-vintag...n-playset.html

Images
    Wow, that Apache Mountain playset is impressive--imagine it with ReAction POTA.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Still suspect it is Marx. I am not familiar with this set, but maybe this one?

https://marxplayset.info/marx-vintag...n-playset.html
    I'm thinking that is it, or some other Marx set like it. I'll look through some Marx galleries. Thank you.
    Hugh H. Davis