X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    This show was underrated, in my opinion. Sticking the landing with the innovative ending and crying foul on finale tropes, while sticking it to the incels was brilliant.
    I couldn't agree more!! I loved the fun break from the seriousness of most Marvel shows. I enjoyed how they weaved the her law job through the series ala Harvey Birdman. I think there's a lot of potential fun still there. I'm only about 15 issues into the Sensational She Hulk series and I think this TV series wonderfully picked up that ball and ran it into television.

And that finale... gamma-irradiated chef's kiss!! Sprytel is right. This will be divisive because it fully embraced everything about the show. If you didn't enjoy the show, this will probably be the worst episode yet. If you loved... well, you already know what I think!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

what a load of rubbish that was. glad it is over. for those that liked it, great. just wasn't my cup of tea

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i did like the tribute to the Bixby show's opening credits though. that was a nice touch

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          i did like the tribute to the Bixby show's opening credits though. that was a nice touch
          Easily the highlight of the season for me

The show just turned out to be a big goof. Some of the eps were amusing (the ones written by Gao, mainly), others had me reaching for the F-F on the remote.

Still, I appreciate the effort to make something silly and off the beaten path.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

The following will contain SPOILERS…

The Bixby homage was fantastic, loved it. They also used an actual tall person in makeup to play She-Hulk, brilliant, lol.

I did for the most part enjoyed the show. Didn’t love it, but didn’t hate it either.

The CGI was not the greatest. She-Hulk had an awkward video game walk to her, very jerky and unpolished.

I do like the Tatiana Maslany. She’s a good actress and is funny and engaging. Loved her Orphan Black show. This show was lighthearted in my opinion. I can see some parents (see Brown Bear) objecting to their daughters watching a character who’s often promiscuous and is constantly bar hoping and bedding multiple partners. But I don’t have kids, and didn’t bother me in the least. She’s sexually liberated, nothing wrong with that. I mean, that’s how She-Hulk is in the comic books.

Breaking the fourth wall is fine, just like Deadpool.

My biggest problem was not with She-Hulk herself. My main gripe is with Tim Roth’s Blonsky/Abomination character. What the hell happened to him? He was a baddarze British Royal Marine! Now he’s this Mr Rogers wannabe. And I also wanted to see a She-Hulk vs Abomination rumble…but nothing happened, bleh.

Oh, and Daredevil. Yeah, super stoke to see him again. But…sitcom Daredevil just didn’t sit well with me. Although the hallway fight was indeed better than the original Netflix one.

Teen Hulk, good gawd, lol. That was just plain bad, lol. Yeah, I know, slapstick, I get it, but I was still rolling my eyes, lol.

So yeah, many issues for me, but it’s okay, because I love Tatiana Maslany and I like her take on the She-Hulk.

I give it a 7 out of 10.
            sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

Charlie Cox is legitimately training with a MMA fighter to prepare for Daredevil:Born Again.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎