X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by sprytel
    Thanks for posting all these pictures! Despite the differences, the body seems to work well. Seems like a worthy compliment to the 8" Type S. I look forward to some follow up pics once you get a head on there.

I'm also really curious about the "tan" body they are offering. I plan on ordering one to check it out. It it is nice to see some new skin tone options.
    It's not really tan at all... it's not as zombie pale looking as their regular ones... but still very pale.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
      Adding one more picture. I put the 6" FTC Teen Titans Robin suit and an Aqualad head onto the Type-S 6" body. Looks good to me! Except the mask. I need to figure out how to put a decent mask on him. I don't think the paint pen will work like I hoped. But I have a few other ideas. Anyway, this is about the body and not the mask!

So here is Robin (with Ra's Al Ghul lurking in the background):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33206[/ATTACH]
      Maybe you could shrink the mask in naphtha. It would get really hard, but you could heat it up and slip it on and it would cool down and not want to slip off.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Adding one more picture. I put the 6" FTC Teen Titans Robin suit and an Aqualad head onto the Type-S 6" body. Looks good to me! Except the mask. I need to figure out how to put a decent mask on him. I don't think the paint pen will work like I hoped. But I have a few other ideas. Anyway, this is about the body and not the mask!

So here is Robin (with Ra's Al Ghul lurking in the background):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33206[/ATTACH]
        Doc Mego still has Robin/Lone Ranger mask on his site, they might work?

Comment

• TRDouble
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
          It's not really tan at all... it's not as zombie pale looking as their regular ones... but still very pale.
          I am hoping the 8" Type-S tan is pale enough to work for the new Mego Robin. Flesh is too dark.

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Maybe you could shrink the mask in naphtha. It would get really hard, but you could heat it up and slip it on and it would cool down and not want to slip off.
          That is beyond my skill set, LOL! I did look at trimming the mask, but that's difficult because of where the head strap is located.

Originally posted by TrekStar
          Doc Mego still has Robin/Lone Ranger mask on his site, they might work?
          I have one and tried it. I could tighten the strap, but it's still big on the Aqualad head. It probably doesn't help that the CTVT Aqualad head seems smaller than the original head (from pictures; wish I owned one).

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by nubee
            Many thanks for the pics and review.

Anyone know the size replacement for the screws? I managed to get a stripped screw out but I can't find any replacement. Home Depot and ACE don't have anything so small.

The 1.4 mm head x 3mm long is what I ended up using out of this kit IIRC.
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

I am hoping the 8" Type-S tan is pale enough to work for the new Mego Robin. Flesh is too dark.

That is beyond my skill set, LOL! I did look at trimming the mask, but that's difficult because of where the head strap is located.

I have one and tried it. I could tighten the strap, but it's still big on the Aqualad head. It probably doesn't help that the CTVT Aqualad head seems smaller than the original head (from pictures; wish I owned one).
              If all else fails, there's always black Contact adhesive, a pair of scissors and a glue stick.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                If all else fails, there's always black Contact adhesive, a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
                Hmmm, there's an idea! Thanks, I might try something like that. I'd prefer a mask on the face with no side straps.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Hmmm, there's an idea! Thanks, I might try something like that. I'd prefer a mask on the face with no side straps.
                  It can work on a variety of mask shapes:
                  megomasks.jpg
                  Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 21, '22, 7:47 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33292[/ATTACH]
                    Cool! Thanks. I am going to give this a try next week.

Comment

• blastphemey
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 11, 2008

Thanks for posting this! very informative. Did you have issues with the neck hole being so small?

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by blastphemey
                        Thanks for posting this! very informative. Did you have issues with the neck hole being so small?
                        Ah, yes! I mention this with my Speedy pictures. The head is tight in the body. I had to really push the torso together, but once it's together, the head is in there fine. Turning the head is tight, but it does turn and gets less tight over time.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33292[/ATTACH]
                          Can the process be explained please? Are the masks cut from an adhesive material?
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

I picked up a few of these bodies and, so far, I really like them. I used them to swap out the CTVT bodies that came with my Kid Flash, as well as my two First Appearance Robin figures (yellow cape and green cape versions). The clothing seemed to fit well enough, and the figures are now so much more sturdy and posable. The CTVT bodies were very loose and felt as though they would fall apart at a moment's notice. I don't have any photos of my revamped figures, but I also swapped out their traditional gloves for coloured hands and wrist guards. Overall they look great.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎