X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Type S 6-Inch with Pictures

My CTVT order came in with the new 6" Type S figure. I took multiple pictures in comparison to the FTC 6" body (in retrospect, I should have used the Lion Rocks too, but hindsight, blah blah blah)...

FTC Type S 6-Inch Front.jpg

As you can see, it is not a 1-for-1. I was taken aback when I first compared it to the regular 6" body. The new body is taller, skinnier, less buff, has gripping hands, and a bigger gapped torso.

FTC Type S 6-Inch Side.jpg

FTC Type S 6-Inch Back.jpg

FTC Type S 6-Inch Top.jpg

The elbows are a little odd; gangly, almost. And there is a lot of space in the hip too.

FTC Type S 6-Inch Hip.jpg

So, with all of that, how well does the new body wear clothing?

Keep reading to find out...
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Perhaps the most important question is how does clothing fit the body.

Let's start with a FTC Aqualad outfit.

FTC Type S 6-Inch FTC.jpg

You can quickly see the difference the slimmer torso makes in the fit. The belt was loose on the FTC body, but not quite this bad. Still, the costume itself fits the waist pretty well. The costume doesn't come all the way up to the neck either. It's a bit of a mess. Surprisingly, the gloves fit well. The boots? Not so much. I struggled to get them on the bare legs, and one foot popped out and was struck while taking them off. But please note that these are boots I purchased from CTVT separately, not the ones that came with the FTC Aqualad. The quality of these boots are much worse than the boots that came with the figure. I haven't tried those boots yet, so it may give me better results.

Sticking with Aqualad, lets take a look at an Austin Hough costume.

FTC Type S 6-Inch AHough.jpg

Pretty good fit! I still struggled getting those sub-standard boots on, even with help from having fully covered feet. But I liked the look of this.

Next up is a Brian Leitner costume.

FTC Type S 6-Inch BLeitner.jpg

Decent fit. A few adjustments are needed, but I think it fits pretty well. But this costume highlights the weird looking elbows, at no fault of the costume. I used the cloth arm band that came with the costume, and a CTVT green wrist gauntlet, just to see how it fit. Not a terrible fit, but still a tad big; I think teen gloves look better.

Finally, let's stick with Robin and return to a FTC outfit.

FTC Type S 6-Inch FTC2.jpg

A good fit. The gripper hands help keep the oven mitts on. The booties fit the feet well, the shorts do go into the torso a bit, but that is true with any shorts on any figure without a bodysuit. The belt kept popping off, but that's a CTVT quality issue, not due to the body.
    Last edited by TRDouble; May 15, '22, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Of course, I still have to pop one of these open, hoping the screws are good and not pre-stripped, and see how well a FTC head fits. Makes me wonder if the smaller teen heads will look too small on the slightly larger body. Also hoping the better quality boots that came with the FTC Teen Titans repros fit better too. The CTVT 6" bodies are not great, so the goal for me it to move my core four Teen Titans, including the FTC TT Robin (once I get a properly scaled head for him) to these new bodies.

Doing this tonight was a nice distraction from the tragedy that took place today in my home city of Buffalo, NY. My prayers go out to the families of those who lost loved ones to this senseless act of violence.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for posting all these pictures! Despite the differences, the body seems to work well. Seems like a worthy compliment to the 8" Type S. I look forward to some follow up pics once you get a head on there.

I'm also really curious about the "tan" body they are offering. I plan on ordering one to check it out. It it is nice to see some new skin tone options.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Custom Speedy

Okay, I just swapped my custom Speedy from a standard FTC 6-Inch body to a 6-Inch Type-S body.

Type-S Speedy Leitner.jpg

The head is tight in the body. I had to really push the torso together, put it's in there okay. Turning the head is tight, but it does turn.

This uses a Brian Leitner costume. The top is a nice fit. The pants are a tad baggy, but still a good fit and hidden by the top. All accessories are a good fit, except the boots. They are better than the other ones I tried, but the issue is that the ankles are wider than the standard 6-Inch body, making it hard to push the foot into the boot without some pressure, and them hoping you can pull them out, if needed. The legs lift out of the boots up to the ankles, which is kind of weird, but they stay in the boot fine.

Here is a comparison to another Speedy custom I made, using a CTVT 6-inch body suit and the top that came with Speedy.

Type-S & Regular Speedy Comparisons.jpg

And another shot, this time with Type-S Speedy and a Type-S Green Arrow (costumes by Brian Leitner).

Type-S Green Arrow & Speedy.jpg

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

These look good. Elbows definitely seem a bit odd but it's good to get anymore 6 inch stuff because we rarely get anything.

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

Many thanks for the pics and review.

Anyone know the size replacement for the screws? I managed to get a stripped screw out but I can't find any replacement. Home Depot and ACE don't have anything so small.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Thanks for the pics and review, all in all these look pretty good.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

they look good.

Comment

• kept back
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 2, 2002

So with a head on, do these stand about 7" total?
                    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

The female bodies head joint isn't much smaller than the standard ones so you can fit the Yvonne heads on them too.

Comment

• ToyBob
                        Museum Patron
                        • Feb 21, 2022

Some good change like beefier joints with larger pin diameter it seems, plus the manufacturing looks a lot tighter in tolerance. Love those access screws, please all makers of figure bodies do that. Shoulder looks really good, better to have the deltoid sphere slightly inside the chest cavity since it stays better and looks more anatomically correct. Waist is a bit gap wide for sure. Not sure about the new elbow and knee for profile clearance but as long as it bends the same it should be fine.

I like the lighter muscle definition, I don't think every figure has to be buff. Personally I find the buffer bicep protrusion too much for some costumes, I bought a SD-Charlie and his sleeve is stuck and straining against that bulge.
                        I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Adding one more picture. I put the 6" FTC Teen Titans Robin suit and an Aqualad head onto the Type-S 6" body. Looks good to me! Except the mask. I need to figure out how to put a decent mask on him. I don't think the paint pen will work like I hoped. But I have a few other ideas. Anyway, this is about the body and not the mask!

So here is Robin (with Ra's Al Ghul lurking in the background):

FTC Type S 6-Inch Robin.jpg

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Thanks for the pics!

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              Adding one more picture. I put the 6" FTC Teen Titans Robin suit and an Aqualad head onto the Type-S 6" body. Looks good to me! Except the mask. I need to figure out how to put a decent mask on him. I don't think the paint pen will work like I hoped. But I have a few other ideas. Anyway, this is about the body and not the mask!

So here is Robin (with Ra's Al Ghul lurking in the background):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33206[/ATTACH]
                              I wish CTVT would sell the mask that comes on the new Purple suit Riddler separately.
                              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎