• rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

looks like an awesome hero and sidekick combo

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Yeah, I'll echo thanks for the pics; they are excellent reference!

I'm actually diggin' the new body more now, seeing it's beefier than the Type-S and with the potential to diversify groupings of Apes, Mutants and ANSAnauts.

…is a bit odd they didn't make up the difference in the lower torso though; was that a deliberate design choice or something amiss in factory production?
      Last edited by Confessional; May 17, '22, 8:08 AM. Reason: …more body choices = better customs!

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

It's good you can switch these to FTC type S body, which are not loose in the hips, or shorter. Really like new FTC type S bodies, it's too bad Mego's new bodies are not what I wanted.Some of us have waited years to see Doc Mego's bandless bodies

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

OMG !!! My Dream has been shattered.....Those new bandless bodies are too short and loose. I don't understand it...Mego created the best 8" Action Figure "Half a Century Ago" ; Somebody dropped the ball here......WHY ?
          Last edited by Ivaniski; May 17, '22, 8:21 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

That is a significant shortcoming there Mego.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by lucasd4
              Here are some pictures of the Mego Storm Shadow and the Storm Shadow head on a Type S body. There is a 1/3 to 1/2 inch height difference. The Mego body is looser as you can see in the picture where I'm holding both figures horizontally. The Mego slumps in the waist and legs, while the Type S stays straight. I like the overall look of the new Mego body, especially in the shoulders, but it is smaller and looser than a Type S.

[Images Removed]
              Thank you for the excellent pictures! That was very informative. I do like the new Mego Bandless body's shoulders and I like the more muscular defined torso too. Generally, I think I like the Mego Bandless design better than the Type S, except for the waist, tiny hands, and the shortness. I wasn't expecting to see that dramatic of a difference in height.

With the size difference, how did the G.I. Joes clothes fit on the Type S? I struggled with the fit on some of the Mego new DC Comics figures and getting the costume tight in the crotch area of the Type S. I want to say Superman and Batman had issues, but it depended on the cut, because another Superman's costume fit the Type S pretty well.

Comment

• lucasd4
                • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                Thank you for the excellent pictures! That was very informative. I do like the new Mego Bandless body's shoulders and I like the more muscular defined torso too. Generally, I think I like the Mego Bandless design better than the Type S, except for the waist, tiny hands, and the shortness. I wasn't expecting to see that dramatic of a difference in height.

With the size difference, how did the G.I. Joes clothes fit on the Type S? I struggled with the fit on some of the Mego new DC Comics figures and getting the costume tight in the crotch area of the Type S. I want to say Superman and Batman had issues, but it depended on the cut, because another Superman's costume fit the Type S pretty well.

You're very welcome. The clothes fit the Type S body, but they are tight. I'll post some pictures after work with the clothes on.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by lucasd4
                  You're very welcome. The clothes fit the Type S body, but they are tight. I'll post some pictures after work with the clothes on.
                  Thanks!

Comment

• lucasd4
                    • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    Thanks!

Here's some pictures of the Storm Shadow clothing on a new Mego body and a Type S. Clothes are tighter on the Type S, but they do fit

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0357.jpg
                    Last edited by lucasd4; May 17, '22, 3:36 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

WOW! That is quite a height difference! Just sayin'....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Someone mentioned sidekicks. I'd call these new bodies "sidekick scale".

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                          Someone mentioned sidekicks. I'd call these new bodies "sidekick scale".
                          Bingo. I really do not like the waist, though.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Bingo. I really do not like the waist, though.
                            The waist makes it so the Black Adam figure I ordered won't be able to make the Sub-Mariner figure I was planning it for. I guess I can just sell it...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              The waist makes it so the Black Adam figure I ordered won't be able to make the Sub-Mariner figure I was planning it for. I guess I can just sell it...
                              he could be a high waisted tough guy. lol
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

I'm curious....Did anybody from the Mego Corp. address this issue (weird size difference) and are they gonna resolve this problem ; cause this is "BAD" !!!5Z3IgY.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎