X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    The heads won't be new sculpts, they will be reproductions of the originals.
    They are reproductions sculpts and will be made different due to not being rotocast and without neck plugs etc. Thats what I was referring to.

Comment

• KnightDetective
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 31, 2012

Thrilled about this! Hoping for a nice accurate "70's square" Superman head. Some of the modern repos have been slightly vertically elongated or off in some way.

Looking forward to Aquaman as well, as I missed getting him back in the day!

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        Too bad they won't be on a Type-1 body! That would have been really cool!
        I would love to see a reproduction T1 body, seems like it wouldn't be too difficult and would be a real blast from the past

Hoping to see them at Target or Walmart in person.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by KnightDetective
          Thrilled about this! Hoping for a nice accurate "70's square" Superman head. Some of the modern repos have been slightly vertically elongated or off in some way.

Looking forward to Aquaman as well, as I missed getting him back in the day!
          Yes, FTC's Robin has a very elongated head, Batman's cowled head was tiny, and Superman has shiny hair. So I am hoping to see the Robin and Superman heads corrected. Maybe I haven't looked compared hard enough, but the FTC Bruce Wayne head seems fine, but the removeable cowl is more like a helmet. I ordered one from Doc Mego instead because it was nice a pliable.

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

I think this is a wonder idea for us adults to us to get part of our child hood back. But, I need to wait and see if the new Mego body meets my expectations. Given the new neck adapter, if I am not happy I can't just replace the body with the Type S.

I and, I am certain, everyone else wishes Mego can also do Marvel too.
            Last edited by nubee; May 15, '22, 4:51 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by nubee
              Given the new neck adapter, if I am not happy I can't just replace the body with the Type S.
              I'm sure Laser Mego will make an adapter soon to be able to attach the new style heads to the Type-S body.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                Home Of The Type3 Body
                • Jan 18, 2005

Mad Monsters please.
                With the overwhelming popularity of the Mego Horror line this should be a no brainer.
                LOOK
                Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• lucasd4
                  • Jun 1, 2007

You can use the new Mego heads with a Type S body. There is a flesh colored plug inserted inside the head to make it fit the ball on the new Mego bodies. That plug will pop out if you heat the head. Then you have a larger neck hole. The neck hole is the same size as the neck adaptors that you can buy from FTC that fit the Type S body. I've already done it with the new Mego GI Joes.

Originally posted by nubee
                  I think this is a wonder idea for us adults to us to get part of our child hood back. But, I need to wait and see if the new Mego body meets my expectations. Given the new neck adapter, if I am not happy I can't just replace the body with the Type S.

I and, I am certain, everyone else wishes Mego can also do Marvel too.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by lucasd4
                    You can use the new Mego heads with a Type S body. There is a flesh colored plug inserted inside the head to make it fit the ball on the new Mego bodies. That plug will pop out if you heat the head. Then you have a larger neck hole. The neck hole is the same size as the neck adaptors that you can buy from FTC that fit the Type S body. I've already done it with the new Mego GI Joes.
                    Thanks for that info.

Curious though... what made you want to swap the Mego G.I. Joes that are on the new bandless bodies onto the Type S body? I figured that with the new Mego bandless bodies, this would become much less of a thing, and I suppose you could still be one of the few offs to do so. I am still waiting on the Topps or Topps variant figures to really see and test out the new Mego bodies. I don't feel comfortable doing too much to the G.I. Joes.

Comment

• lucasd4
                      • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      Thanks for that info.

Curious though... what made you want to swap the Mego G.I. Joes that are on the new bandless bodies onto the Type S body? I figured that with the new Mego bandless bodies, this would become much less of a thing, and I suppose you could still be one of the few offs to do so. I am still waiting on the Topps or Topps variant figures to really see and test out the new Mego bodies. I don't feel comfortable doing too much to the G.I. Joes.

I bought two sets of the GI Joes, so I had a couple of figures to experiment with. The new GI Joe figures are about half an inch shorter in total height than the Type S with the new Joe heads attached. I like the new body overall......especially from the waist up.....but they are shorter and a little loose at the waist and the hip/top of legs area. They don't feel as loose with the clothes on, but when you take the clothes off, they are a bit loose. I can post a picture later today showing the Mego and my FTC version side by side.
                      Last edited by lucasd4; May 16, '22, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by lucasd4
                        I bought two sets of the GI Joes, so I had a couple of figures to experiment with. The new GI Joe figures are about half an inch shorter in total height than the Type S with the new Joe heads attached. I like the new body overall......especially from the waist up.....but they are shorter and a little loose at the waist and the hip/top of legs area. They don't feel as loose with the clothes on, but when you take the clothes off, they are a bit loose. I can post a picture later today showing the Mego and my FTC version side by side.
                        Thanks for those details. And yes, I would love to see pictures!

Comment

• nubee
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 15, 2010

Many, many thanks .

I now don't hafta' to worry if I get a loose Mego body AND I no longer hafta' look at a 'shrimpy' Captain Marvel and Black Adam.....provided the suits are not too small to fit the Type S body.

Anyone know where I can purchase replacement screws for the Type S? Home Depot and Ace don't have screws so small :(

Comment

• lucasd4
                            • Jun 1, 2007

Here are some pictures of the Mego Storm Shadow and the Storm Shadow head on a Type S body. There is a 1/3 to 1/2 inch height difference. The Mego body is looser as you can see in the picture where I'm holding both figures horizontally. The Mego slumps in the waist and legs, while the Type S stays straight. I like the overall look of the new Mego body, especially in the shoulders, but it is smaller and looser than a Type S.

Below are some pictures of the Snake Eyes head with an FTC neck plug. It fits perfectly.....just add Super Glue and its' ready to go

Last edited by lucasd4; May 16, '22, 4:28 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Spectacular pictures! Thanks for the comparison shots!

Comment

• nubee
                                Career Member
                                • Feb 15, 2010

Many thanks for the comparison pics. Makes me dislike the new Mego body more. Why so small, Mego? It doesn't look like an improvement. I will definitely be skipping the reissues now.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎