X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    When Mego's came out during my childhood, Wonder Woman was pulled to make room for Isis. I love to see Mego redo the Super-Heroines...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33058[/ATTACH]
    but on the new female bodies.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Are they referring to these? I hope so. I would purchase them if they're in the $20 range.
      baravelli1.jpg

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

WoW! Awesome!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Oh, wow, that's super cool. Best thing new Mego has done.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            Seeing these on a store shelf will be a special moment for me and I suspect many of you as well. Great Announcement.
            I can still remember exactly what it felt like to see the five different GI JOE Adventure Team figures on the shelf at Walmart circa 2007(?). What a day that was! I imagine it will probably be just as amazing as that particular moment felt for me.

Comment

• MegoMonk
              Career Member
              • Jan 22, 2007

Originally posted by supes
              They said they sent vintage figures to the factory so that they can reproduce them as close to the originals
              How vintage will they be? Will Batman and Robin have removable masks? Will Batman and Superman have stirrups? Probably not!

Comment

• supes
                For the love of Mego's!
                • Jan 19, 2004

Originally posted by MegoMonk
                How vintage will they be? Will Batman and Robin have removable masks? Will Batman and Superman have stirrups? Probably not!
                Batman will have the Removable cowl and Robin will have his Removable mask. No stirrups or skinny boots

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  No Marvel... of course.
                  maybe through Hasbro it could be done.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Good comparison, Makernaut--I loved those Walmart and Meijer AT releases. They started an whole new collecting/customizing niche for me!

Bodies notwithstanding, I'm very excited about these Megos, too and hope things like glove texture and boot plastic are accurate. Thrilled that Aquaman is included, as well!!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• markp67
                      • Jun 22, 2010

This is incredible. Literally what I would have wanted if I was given a choice of anything for them to make. Can't wait for these.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Good comparison, Makernaut--I loved those Walmart and Meijer AT releases. They started an whole new collecting/customizing niche for me!
                        The issue here is that these will be new sculpts, new bodies, different style of heads, etc.

While the 2000s AT Joes had different flocking and minor differences here or there, they were VERY close to the originals for all intents and purposes. By default, this won't be that because they're doing a whole new style of figure.

I know they mentioned in passing maybe doing a limited number in their "vintage" style body, but I doubt they will and truthfully those bodies aren't very good either.

I hope they manage to nail this, but until we see them in hand I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

The boxes may end up being the big get in this whole thing.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Call me crazy but aren't they already pictured in the link? I see Superman-RC Batman and RM Robin in the new look window boxes, or are these prototypes? Looks like its just those 3 figures, hopefully Aquaman-Green Arrow and Shazam follow in a future wave which would be cool.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                            The issue here is that these will be new sculpts, new bodies, different style of heads, etc.

While the 2000s AT Joes had different flocking and minor differences here or there, they were VERY close to the originals for all intents and purposes. By default, this won't be that because they're doing a whole new style of figure.
                            If the the heads and costumes are accurate, coupled with nice boxes, I'll be pleased. And I'll be curious to see how they compare in details to FTC releases. Let's see if Mego gets vinyl textures and Batman's cape-pleat reproduced properly.

I have dozens of extra vintage Type 1 & 2 bodies, and my guess is talented vendors here will have neck adapters available soon after release.

But admittedly, I'm not a fan of this new body and that aspect is a mistake IMO.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; May 14, '22, 7:39 PM.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              Call me crazy but aren't they already pictured in the link? I see Superman-RC Batman and RM Robin in the new look window boxes, or are these prototypes? Looks like its just those 3 figures, hopefully Aquaman-Green Arrow and Shazam follow in a future wave which would be cool.
                              IIRC, those are prototypes for a London convention.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG

I know they mentioned in passing maybe doing a limited number in their "vintage" style body, but I doubt they will and truthfully those bodies aren't very good either.

I hope they manage to nail this, but until we see them in hand I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

The boxes may end up being the big get in this whole thing.
                                The heads won't be new sculpts, they will be reproductions of the originals.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎