X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Ivaniski
    I'm curious....Did anybody from the Mego Corp. address this issue (weird size difference) and are they gonna resolve this problem ; cause this is "BAD" !!![ATTACH=CONFIG]33092[/ATTACH]
    I am not a nuMego hater by any means (I know they are out there) but in my experience, they are not particularly good at taking criticisms. While they may address some of the issues by actually making improvements, in terms of reaching out and saying "We want to do this, this and this to address concerns" it's just not really been something I've seen them do.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but while I do not think Type S is perfect, I do think that it's disappointing that Mego and EMCE before that, were working on bandless bodies for years and years and what we ended up with was still not as good as Type S. The execution on these feels a bit clunky and rushed and not really the result of something that's been in development for years.

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by lucasd4
      Here's some pictures of the Storm Shadow clothing on a new Mego body and a Type S. Clothes are tighter on the Type S, but they do fit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33082[/ATTACH]

Many, many thanks for the pics

This is sorta' what I am apprehensive about: The Type S body maybe too big for the "side-kick" Mego body's clothes. I guess we are stuck with a short Captain Marvel, Black Adam and Green Arrow....with possible lose waist and hip joints. I don't mind the more civilian like characters smaller, like Ghostbusters, but the superhero being on a "side-kick" body is a no-no for me. Sorry Mego, you are not getting my $$$ anymore for the DC heroes. I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one who is NOT a fan of the new Mego body.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Here's some pictures of the Storm Shadow clothing on a new Mego body and a Type S. Clothes are tighter on the Type S, but they do fit

[Pictures removed]
        Many thanks again! I think you have answered A LOT of questions with all of your pictures.

The fit is not as bad as I feared. I think when I get Captain Marvel, I may try a CM and Robin body swap to get the height CM should be at, and make Robin more of a teen instead of an adult. After seeing your pictures, I am hopeful that the costume swaps work. If not, I don't know what I will do with CM --maybe start a new display-- but Robin might look good on the new lighter tone tan Type-S body.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

And given that the type s was sold to FTC it was more than likely passed over by Mego.

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          I am not a nuMego hater by any means (I know they are out there) but in my experience, they are not particularly good at taking criticisms. While they may address some of the issues by actually making improvements, in terms of reaching out and saying "We want to do this, this and this to address concerns" it's just not really been something I've seen them do.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but while I do not think Type S is perfect, I do think that it's disappointing that Mego and EMCE before that, were working on bandless bodies for years and years and what we ended up with was still not as good as Type S. The execution on these feels a bit clunky and rushed and not really the result of something that's been in development for years.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Ivaniski
            I'm curious....Did anybody from the Mego Corp. address this issue (weird size difference) and are they gonna resolve this problem ; cause this is "BAD" !!![ATTACH=CONFIG]33092[/ATTACH]
            This new body should be properly named as the Sidekick body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

It isn't really a fair comparison, new bandless Mego body to Type-S body. The Type-S is taller than all the other Mego style bodies out there. It should be compared to the official Mego body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'd be surprised if Mego was ever approached about type S. CTVT has had CAW access for a while.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                And given that the type s was sold to FTC it was more than likely passed over by Mego.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33082[/ATTACH]
                  Well at least I can see a good Batman and Robin customs with the size difference.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I'd be surprised if Mego was ever approached about type S. CTVT has had CAW access for a while.
                    just when they bought out david lee's stock.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      The waist makes it so the Black Adam figure I ordered won't be able to make the Sub-Mariner figure I was planning it for. I guess I can just sell it...
                      Just a throwout idea, but could you put on a flesh color bodysuit and some green undies over it?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                        Just a throwout idea, but could you put on a flesh color bodysuit and some green undies over it?
                        My daughter suggested that, but I hate the flesh color bodysuit look. I thought it looked really bad on Tarzan. So glad Conan didn't have one!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

The waist is very unfortunate. Looks fragile too

My daughter suggested that, but I hate the flesh color bodysuit look. I thought it looked really bad on Tarzan. So glad Conan didn't have one!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

It isn't really a fair comparison, new bandless Mego body to Type-S body. The Type-S is taller than all the other Mego style bodies out there. It should be compared to the official Mego body.
                            Agreed. I was about to post the same thing.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I know its been said before but, I agree that the original mego bodies are still the best. Why couldn’t those be repeated for todays market? It seems like the harder they try to improve something, it still doesn’t measure up to the original, and its 50 years later.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by TrekStar
                                I know its been said before but, I agree that the original mego bodies are still the best. Why couldn’t those be repeated something, it still doesn’t measure up to the original, and its 50 years later.
                                I wholeheartedly agree with you 1000%. It was simple...All Mego had to do was add this particular "Upper Arm" to their Type 2 bodies (torso) or even the Doc Mego bodies (torso), and it would've created a "Great Looking" and "Poseable" body with just this "Minor" adjustment. Example: Look at the outcome of my Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Lone Ranger...They have a perfect looking 8" body with multiple articulation (easily re-strung by me). All of my Mego figures have been re-done by me utilizing this same simple style. Hence, the ROM on the arms...it's "MAGNIFICENT" If Mego would've introduced these simple changes..."Measured Up" could've be an "UNDERSTATEMENT".

Last edited by Ivaniski; May 21, '22, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎