X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Welcome to 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week! Big Bird on Black Velvet (eBay Link) – My friends, this painting, nay this work of art tasks me to my very soul. How can I continue to call myself a gentleman of taste without this indescribable creation on my mantle? I am nothing more than […]
    The post 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I feel like you are channeling my Fire and Water pals Rob Kelly (Treasury Comics) and Shagg (V merch). If we had a gift budget for the network, I'd be buying right now.

REALLY surprised those nipples weren't edited out of that packaging. I assumed they were a fan creation of some sort. Wild!

That Big Bird portrait is sublime. Does it get more 70s?
    sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

That's wild and Caroll Spinney definitely approves!

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

a 'wow' week for auction treasures, that's for sure. Big Bird on black velvet. Holy smokes! What sort of carny did that come from? Absolutely outstanding, I cannot fathom why the seller is willing to part with it. And how have I not been exposed to the Kenny Everett show until now? I can't believe this did not show in place of Benny or Paul on my late night binges at some point. I can't tell if the 'V' figure has its helmet on sideways, or if it is supposed to look like that; and somehow that adds to the attractions. Great finds!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

I had a Mickey Mouse painting on black velvet as a kid. It was even in a practically identical wooden frame to that Big Bird one.
          Can't remember where it came from.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎