X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

ST:TNG Armus Skin of Evil Finally Debuts

Super7 returns to add six more STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION action figures to their 24th century lineup... including that evil oil slick, Armus!

2nd wave of Super 7 Reaction figures includes Armus. Before Yar even.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
    https://blog.trekcore.com/2022/05/mo...cluding-armus/
    Dunno... she might be under there.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

https://blog.trekcore.com/2022/05/mo...cluding-armus/
      I really wish Super 7 would put more effort into these sculpts. I know they feel it gives the figures a vintage feel, but it doesn’t. Kenner’s Star Wars had better head sculpts, as did Mego, Galoob, and Playmates Star Trek figures. For almost $20 a figure, I just can’t justify buying these.

The last Super 7 3.75in figures I bought was from their Goonies line, back in the day.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I own one..Lugosi Dracula. Bubble taped onto the card. I think I paid 5 bucks for it at HPB. The 1/18th world is a nice place to visit but it isn't my world.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

When are these being released?

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I want an 8” action figure of Armus the Sludge.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              I really wish Super 7 would put more effort into these sculpts. I know they feel it gives the figures a vintage feel, but it doesn’t. Kenner’s Star Wars had better head sculpts, as did Mego, Galoob, and Playmates Star Trek figures. For almost $20 a figure, I just can’t justify buying these.

The last Super 7 3.75in figures I bought was from their Goonies line, back in the day.
              How much detail does Armus really need?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

How much detail does Armus really need?
                I’m not talking about Armus, nor even just the TNG line. With the exception of the Alien line (which was based on vintage unreleased prototypes) I don’t feel any of their 3.75in lines have looked good. I could justify buying them before because they started out at $10, which I felt was reasonable. (Picked up almost all their early stuff like Alien, Universal Monsters, BTTF, the Karare Kid, and the Goonies)

Now, at almost $20 a figure, comparing them to similar figures on that scale (Marvel Retro figures or Star Wars: TVC), I just can’t pull the trigger on figures that seem to be going backwards on the quality scale.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

The S7 ReAction line is incredible. Most of them have really great sculpts IMO and usually nail what they're going for.

The original S7 Funko stuff, was terrible. Bad sculpts (aside from a handful) really poor QC (figures fell apart, broke easy, cheap plastic), terrible uninspired cards (that also fell apart) but ever since S7 moved away from Funko the figures are fantastic. Yes, they cost a few bucks more and they have went up in price as has everything else, but the quality is definitely there now. Really solid figures, well painted, incredible card art. It's a full package thing, not just toys. The MMPR line, WOW, sooo good, the Transformers, the Joes, they're just hitting homerun after homerun.

Really the only downfall is that they're producing SO much good stuff, it's almost too hard to figure out what to collect.

Who could have imagined I'd have a San Fran Famous Chicken, a Toxic Avenger, TMNT, GI Joe, Star Trek TNG, Roger Rabbit, Run DMC, Universal Monsters and so much more all in the same scale and style. Wild stuff.

Comment

• publiusr
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 23, 2015

No…that’s just me before I trim my back hair.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Barring the price-point, I really enjoy Reaction. I love The Worst and also collect(ed) MOTU, Universal Monsters, and a few of the monstrous KO and metal figures.

I'm happy with their sculpts, variety of figures, and consistent aesthetic. To me, ST:TNG looks fine, but I"m not a great fan of that show. Their Peanuts figures are so charming, I'd love to see them do Sesame Street.

The only sculpt I've been unhappy with was Phantom of the Opera.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎