X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Star Trek Aliens 2

The Romulan, The Andorian, Talos and Mugato these names are legendary to vintage mego collectors. This episode of Vintage Mego explores the second wave of Mego Star Trek Aliens. We talk about their origins, myths and future. Beam into it! #mego #megomuseum #startrek Issue 6 of Toy-Ventures Magazine is now available: http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/… For more on…

More...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

great video. the Romulan is the one that still eludes me and my toy budget

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I enjoyed listening to this and happy to be fortunate enough to own both series aliens.

I did make my own customs of the Talos and Mugato and very happy to have added them to my Trek collection, but also having the originals brings me back to my childhood plus its nostalgia.

I think it would be great if Mego created new versions of the Mugato and Talosian in future waves along with maybe one or two new aliens/villains like Harry Mudd and Ruk, so here’s to wishing on a Star.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome!

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

I can attest to how hard these were to get back in the day. If a friend of my grandmother hadn't had a daughter who was manager of a Toy King store, I likely never would have seen the Romulan or Andorian as a kid. She was actually able to order them from the warehouse in those olden days. Naturally, the Andorian's knee broke as soon as I moved it, and I saw my grandmother's face just fall, but I assured her we didn't have to return it because even back then then I knew how to get the knee back together in a playable fashion. Loved those aliens, though I don't recall ever using them with my Trek figures. They were much better as enemies for the Mego Justice League, so for me, the more colorful (and wildly inaccurate costumes of some of the figures) made me love them even more. And I think the Mugato is the most early 70's action figure ever.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
            And I think the Mugato is the most early 70's action figure ever.
            There was a member here, "Disco Monkey", who used Mego Mugato as his avatar. Perfect. And I give Mego credit for the figure's unique feet. They surprised me, I wonder if they were intended for POTA?

I recall how excited i was to get the Trek aliens in the late '80s from a noted collector/vendor. I still think the Andorian (my favorite) and Romulan are terrific.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎