Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High is back in stores Friday the 13th.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rche View Post
    I didn't really think you could get the skirt any shorter than the first version, but there you go.
    After I took the picture I futzed around with the skirt a bit. I pulled down the lace under skirt and took a seem ripper to the stitch holding the belt in place so I could adjust it better. It's still shorter but a bit less noticeable. I have an extra series 1 Frankie I still might swap the dress on for display if it starts to really bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    Is Frankie's stiches under her eye the same size as the original? I have a few Frankie thrift shop dolls and there are some subtle differences.
    All the face paint has been slightly tweaked. Mostly the eye spacing. But I can't really see much of a difference with the stitching.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Monster High dolls on clearance at Walmart for $12.00??? I was watching this video, and this girl got one for $12. Is this just her store?

Images
    If true, my guess it's a pricing error at her store. They are constantly going out of stock on Walmart.com and aren't even widely available yet.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I'm still waiting on our local to decide the two-pack MEGOs are not going anywhere without a little price reduction nudge.
    I took a look today, and there is no place on the shelves for these figures. Are they going into an endcap or stand alone display in most stores?
    I am hoping to find a Draculaura for my kiddo as that is the one they said they wished they had as an original, but never did. My personal hope is that Mattel goes a little deeper than these four and we see Ghoulia along with the boys from that first series.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rche View Post
    I took a look today, and there is no place on the shelves for these figures. Are they going into an endcap or stand alone display in most stores?
    From what I can tell, they are doing endcaps and large standalone displays. It varies from store to store. The good thing is it looks like stores are getting a good amount of them.

Lagoona 2010, 2015, 2022

boolagoona.jpg

The 2015 Lagoona has a really simplified one piece outfit, no paint details on her shoes or flower and matte lipstick.

The 2022 Lagoona has slightly smaller eyes and super nice long fluffy hair. Definitely the best of the three.

I do hope my store gets them in and I manage to catch them before they sell out.
    Lagoona looks great. Is it my imagination, or maybe camera angle, or is the 2022 doll slightly shorter than the other two?
    Thanks for the pic comparisons.

Images
    Clawdeen 2010, 2015 and 2022

booclawdeen.JPG

The first issue 2010 Clawdeen did not have the clawed werewolf hands, like the other two. The 2015 versions has a really simplified outfit. The most noticeable changes being the lack of paint on the boots, no socks and the stripes on her shirt are now printed on instead of applied. Again, I think the new one is the best looking of them. She has just fantastic hair.
    Last edited by Werewolf; May 19, '22 at 4:16 PM.

Thanks for these comparison pictures! I remember when my daughter's original Clawdeen's leg/hip elastic broke. I eventually got a reissue -- I don't know why it seemed earlier than 2015, but that must be the one -- and she wasn't having it; it was not as good as the original. I hues she was right, haha! I just could not fix the original though. And she was heading to high school, or in her freshman year, so she was just bout grown out of MH.

I ordered a new Clawdeen from Walmart.com. Hopefully the order comes through and I can give this to her for a throwback Christmas. She still has a bunch of unopened ones from when she was getting to the end of "collecting" these.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post

I ordered a new Clawdeen from Walmart.com. Hopefully the order comes through and I can give this to her for a throwback Christmas.
    Oh, cool, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post
    Thanks for these comparison pictures! I remember when my daughter's original Clawdeen's leg/hip elastic broke. I eventually got a reissue -- I don't know why it seemed earlier than 2015, but that must be the one -- and she wasn't having it; it was not as good as the original. I hues she was right, haha! I just could not fix the original though. And she was heading to high school, or in her freshman year, so she was just bout grown out of MH.

I ordered a new Clawdeen from Walmart.com. Hopefully the order comes through and I can give this to her for a throwback Christmas. She still has a bunch of unopened ones from when she was getting to the end of "collecting" these.
    I was hoping to catch these at my local to pick up a Draculaura for my kiddo who was in about the same purchasing/age-out cycle as your daughter, but no such luck. Have not seen anything on WM online other than resellers who have them at 3x retail. I still have hope that they will show up sometime.

you might want to check on the going rate before opening any that stayed in the box for the last ten years.
    Last edited by rche; May 25, '22 at 2:07 PM.