Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster High is back in stores Friday the 13th.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by rche
    I was hoping to catch these at my local to pick up a Draculaura for my kiddo who was in about the same purchasing/age-out cycle as your daughter, but no such luck. Have not seen anything on WM online other than resellers who have them at 3x retail. I still have hope that they will show up sometime.

you might want to check on the going rate before opening any that stayed in the box for the last ten years.
    I haven't any luck finding them locally either and I guess I got lucky to find it on WM.com, which is why my fingers are crossed the order is not canceled.

Funny enough, I somehow ended up with multiple sets of the SDCC Scarah Screams & Hoodude Voodoo set, which my daughter still has one MIB, and I sold one a year or two ago for a real good chunk of change!

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Stoked to get this little guy used for under $20 including shipping from an ebay seller!! He's looks like he was used for display only. He's the only one who has eluded me since I started collecting MH rather late in the game. Didn't want to pay more than $20, and I could never find him for less than that in perfect condition unless they had missing arms or hands or bald spots.
      IMG_20220601_125822.jpg

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Ooops!! Double Post--please delete.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by RonnyG; Jun 16, '22, 1:12 PM.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Here's a picture of the new reboot Cleo doll leak. I'm not feeling it. I miss the sultry vampy look of the original Cleo. This one has a cutesy face, plus her legs don't look long and slender like the original either. Disappointing.
          288021574_345145747774459_1035673604805242732_n.jpg
          Last edited by RonnyG; Jun 16, '22, 8:00 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG
            Here's a picture of the new reboot Cleo doll leak.
            Saw that too. Guess they didn't learn from their mistakes from the previous failed reboot.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• publiusr
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 23, 2015

Speaking of monsters I heard 5K Toys is making a 10 and 12 inch Cthulhu line up. That from 4chan’s toy section…so watch the pedigree…

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Just saw they are offering a live-action, musical film this fall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2hkWLKeYn8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2hkWLKeYn8
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I've seen the trailer. It doesn't look good. They really learned nothing from the last failed reboot.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

My Walmart.com Clawdeen arrived yesterday, in good shape. I still haven't seen any of them in stores, but this is the one I needed, so I am good.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I mean this looks like Disney Zombie or Descendants live action movies, alright but should have stayed in cartoon/animated world.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

It's bad enough the changed the characters personalities, voices, appearances and backstories. On top of that, it's also a musical. I'm like, okay, we're done here.

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

I know some members here like cheap knock-off toys. Well, last week, I took the plunge and ordered these fake Monster Girl dolls from amazon. They arrived today, and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. Of course, they are not the same quality as the real Mattel dolls, but I do feel I got my money's worth for what I paid for 5 dolls for $27 & free shipping. I think the outfits and shoes are super cute for a clone doll. In fact, the outfits I received are better than the ones in the picture. The hair is not that thin at all. I was expecting a huge bald spots like I've seen on some reviews, but they don't (except the white one with her hair in a pony tail I can tell is bald underneath). I originally was going to use these dolls for parts and customs, but now I think I'll leave them the way they are for now. The link below are the ones I ordered, and the price goes up and down, so keep checking for the best price. The Wydowna Spider doll came in her own individual bag.
                          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...35NLQFUE&psc=1
                          IMG_20220706_123320.jpgIMG_20220706_123413.jpgIMG_20220706_122801.jpg

Comment

• RonnyG
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 23, 2014

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Not bad for bootlegs.

Comment

• RonnyG
                                Career Member
                                • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Not bad for bootlegs.
                                It seems they used the same body mold except they used cheaper plastics. They feel lighter than a real MH doll, but that's what makes them so affordable. I'm not disappointed because I knew beforehand they were going to be clones, but I can understand why some people might be upset about the quality if they didn't know. They are worth what I paid for them which came out to be about $5.50 each. At least they're better than the re-boot play line with molded on shoes and tops.
                                Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 7, '22, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎