Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High is back in stores Friday the 13th.

Images

Monster High is back in stores Friday the 13th.

This Friday the 13th Monster High is finally back to retail. The first 4 dolls available are the "Boo-riginal Creeproduction" reissues of the first Draculaura, Frankie, Lagoona and Clawdeen. The street date is officially Friday the 13th but they have already been showing up at some Walmarts across the US. The price is $24.99. Which is not bad. I was expecting much higher.

Monster High was a great line. Lasting from 2010 to 2017. Really premium quality dolls at first and it was an absolutely huge success the first several years. Unfortunately, the line eventually started to falter from poor management and an unsuccessful watered-down budgety reboot finally killed it.
    Last edited by Werewolf; May 12, '22 at 9:03 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    ^That's cool to hear. But man, they don't wait for actual nostalgia to kick in anymore, do they?

My wife Cindy was really into those for a while until the exclusives killed her interest in it. When they did unique characters as unobtainable exclusives, she just sold off everything she had minus a few key pieces. She got out just in time as far selling and making a bit of a profit went.
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^That's cool to hear. But man, they don't wait for actual nostalgia to kick in anymore, do they?
    The line turns 12 this year so it kinda makes sense. I was actually a bit surprised they didn't do something like this for the 10th anniversary. The demand is certainly there for reissues of the original six dolls. I'm also happy that Mattel has been supporting more in house IPs other than Barbie and Hot Wheels.

I will be posting the usual comparison pics when I get mine.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    I hope they do a creeproduction of Ghoulia Yelps. She seems to be the rarest one to find out in the wild. I also want Clawd Wolf. I'm debating about ordering them through Walmart's website, or driving to the store. Picking them out in the store would be ideal, but I don't want to have to drive all over town looking for them either if they're not in stock.
    Last edited by RonnyG; May 10, '22 at 9:12 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    I hope they do a creeproduction of Ghoulia Yelps.
    Nothing confirmed but supposedly the are listings on Target's computer for Ghoulia and Cleo. I was plenty annoyed that Ghoulia was removed from the reboot.

Images
    Well, I lucked out and found them at the first Walmart I went to (even though their website said, "not available at this store"). They had about 10 of each character, so I could pick out the nicest ones I could find. I'm surprised they weren't sold out like the He-Man figures were. Something tells me that there will be enough to go around for everyone who wants one. But beware: I did find one Clawdeen without her fangs painted on! I also went down their clearance aisle, and they had a lot of LOL dolls on clearance. They also had a few He-Man Revelation stuff, too! Makes me wonder if some of the MH dolls will end up there in a few months???
    IMG_20220511_122356.jpgIMG_20220511_122544.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    Well, I lucked out and found them at the first Walmart I went to (even though their website said, "not available at this store"). They had about 10 of each character, so I could pick out the nicest ones I could find.
    Congrats! I ordered mine from Walmart.com. They are supposedly coming by the end of the week. None of the stores near me were listed as having them as well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Congrats! I ordered mine from Walmart.com. They are supposedly coming by the end of the week. None of the stores near me were listed as having them as well.
    Thanks! Looking forward to your review and comparison pics! I think I'll leave mine in the box for now to see how things go. I already have a bunch of MH dolls in various conditions that I got at the thrift shop so I already know what it's like to hold and pose them. If they do eventually go on clearance, then I'll buy a second set to open.

Hey do look like the original boxes so that's good.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

back in the day, those retailed for 19.99, right? So, +5 for 12 years later and some nostalgia. Not that bad, and they had some fun goods and accessories, so hopefully all that is included still as well. How are they differentiating these from the OG? (original ghouls)