Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster High is back in stores Friday the 13th.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Draculaura 2010, 2015, 2022

boodraculaura.JPG

The 2015 Original Ghouls Collection budget reissue really sticks out with the printed top with no real buttons or stitching. The 2015 reissues also didn't have the greatest quality control and the earrings would often be poked in the wrong place missing the molded in ear pierced spots. I had to replace the black pigtail rubber bands on my original Draculaura. They crumbed with age.

If you have the 2022 Creeproductions you really don't need to hunt down the originals anymore. I think they are actually a bit nicer. Good on Mattel for reissuing them in such a high quality in a very reasonable price point.
    Last edited by Werewolf; May 12, '22, 9:23 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Glad you got them , too, and thanks for the comparisons! It really is remarkable that this doll line has already had 2 reissues in only a short 12 year span. I'm also glad Mattel finally listened to fans and got it right this time, and made them affordable, too!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG
        Glad you got them , too, and thanks for the comparisons!
        Thanks! I'm glad you found them useful.

Frankie 2010, 2015, 2022.

boofrankie.JPG

The 2015 Frankie doesn't suffer as much as some of the other Original Ghouls Collection. Her jewelry and shoes are missing paint detail and her lace underskirt is now just sewn on trim. The 2022 Frankie has a shorter skirt. The 2022 Frankie finally has the poofy top knot on hair like the illustrations always did. The previous two had her hair pulled back flat on top. Her pet, Watzit, looks to be from the same mold but they did change the markings on the back of his wings. The 2022 pets are also all made out of a softer plastic. The new Watzit isn't painted as cleanly as the 2010 version but that just could be my copy.
        Last edited by Werewolf; May 15, '22, 3:54 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I didn't really think you could get the skirt any shorter than the first version, but there you go.

I checked in at my local for these, and they don't have them. Looks like Lagoona is gone from the online ordering as well. I am wondering if these will even show up in my area at all. I hope so. The timing seems to be pretty good for the kid nostalgia as my kiddo was interested in seeing if they could find a few of the Creeproductions and even took out the boxes of their collection that have been in storage for the past 3-4 years.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Is Frankie's stiches under her eye the same size as the original? I have a few Frankie thrift shop dolls and there are some subtle differences.
            IMG_20220515_215951.jpg
            Last edited by RonnyG; May 16, '22, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
              I didn't really think you could get the skirt any shorter than the first version, but there you go.
              After I took the picture I futzed around with the skirt a bit. I pulled down the lace under skirt and took a seem ripper to the stitch holding the belt in place so I could adjust it better. It's still shorter but a bit less noticeable. I have an extra series 1 Frankie I still might swap the dress on for display if it starts to really bug me.

Originally posted by RonnyG
              Is Frankie's stiches under her eye the same size as the original? I have a few Frankie thrift shop dolls and there are some subtle differences.
              All the face paint has been slightly tweaked. Mostly the eye spacing. But I can't really see much of a difference with the stitching.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Monster High dolls on clearance at Walmart for $12.00??? I was watching this video, and this girl got one for $12. Is this just her store?

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

If true, my guess it's a pricing error at her store. They are constantly going out of stock on Walmart.com and aren't even widely available yet.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

I'm still waiting on our local to decide the two-pack MEGOs are not going anywhere without a little price reduction nudge.
                    I took a look today, and there is no place on the shelves for these figures. Are they going into an endcap or stand alone display in most stores?
                    I am hoping to find a Draculaura for my kiddo as that is the one they said they wished they had as an original, but never did. My personal hope is that Mattel goes a little deeper than these four and we see Ghoulia along with the boys from that first series.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
                      I took a look today, and there is no place on the shelves for these figures. Are they going into an endcap or stand alone display in most stores?
                      From what I can tell, they are doing endcaps and large standalone displays. It varies from store to store. The good thing is it looks like stores are getting a good amount of them.

Lagoona 2010, 2015, 2022

boolagoona.jpg

The 2015 Lagoona has a really simplified one piece outfit, no paint details on her shoes or flower and matte lipstick.

The 2022 Lagoona has slightly smaller eyes and super nice long fluffy hair. Definitely the best of the three.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

I do hope my store gets them in and I manage to catch them before they sell out.
                        Lagoona looks great. Is it my imagination, or maybe camera angle, or is the 2022 doll slightly shorter than the other two?
                        Thanks for the pic comparisons.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Clawdeen 2010, 2015 and 2022

booclawdeen.JPG

The first issue 2010 Clawdeen did not have the clawed werewolf hands, like the other two. The 2015 versions has a really simplified outfit. The most noticeable changes being the lack of paint on the boots, no socks and the stripes on her shirt are now printed on instead of applied. Again, I think the new one is the best looking of them. She has just fantastic hair.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; May 19, '22, 4:16 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for these comparison pictures! I remember when my daughter's original Clawdeen's leg/hip elastic broke. I eventually got a reissue -- I don't know why it seemed earlier than 2015, but that must be the one -- and she wasn't having it; it was not as good as the original. I hues she was right, haha! I just could not fix the original though. And she was heading to high school, or in her freshman year, so she was just bout grown out of MH.

I ordered a new Clawdeen from Walmart.com. Hopefully the order comes through and I can give this to her for a throwback Christmas. She still has a bunch of unopened ones from when she was getting to the end of "collecting" these.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble

I ordered a new Clawdeen from Walmart.com. Hopefully the order comes through and I can give this to her for a throwback Christmas.
                              Oh, cool, that's awesome.

Comment

• rche
                                channeling Bob Wills
                                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                                Thanks for these comparison pictures! I remember when my daughter's original Clawdeen's leg/hip elastic broke. I eventually got a reissue -- I don't know why it seemed earlier than 2015, but that must be the one -- and she wasn't having it; it was not as good as the original. I hues she was right, haha! I just could not fix the original though. And she was heading to high school, or in her freshman year, so she was just bout grown out of MH.

I ordered a new Clawdeen from Walmart.com. Hopefully the order comes through and I can give this to her for a throwback Christmas. She still has a bunch of unopened ones from when she was getting to the end of "collecting" these.
                                I was hoping to catch these at my local to pick up a Draculaura for my kiddo who was in about the same purchasing/age-out cycle as your daughter, but no such luck. Have not seen anything on WM online other than resellers who have them at 3x retail. I still have hope that they will show up sometime.

you might want to check on the going rate before opening any that stayed in the box for the last ten years.
                                Last edited by rche; May 25, '22, 2:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎