X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Maype! Month on Movies

Watching Battle for the Planet of the Apes. It just struck me that the Apes were wearing the exact same costumes as they did 1500 years later. This movie happened close enough to Conquest that Caeser is still in charge of the Apes, that the ICEs of the Humans hadn't yet seized and fallen into junk. Just struck me as odd and I hadn't thought about it before.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Simian-style transcends our limited understanding… these are the life uniforms of millennia.

Get your glyph on!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

And the movies portray gorillas as warlike savages and the chimpanzees as pacifist thoughtful philosophers which is really the opposite for these species. Chimps cannibalize their young frequently and have been filmed killing gorillas in the wild.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
        And the movies portray gorillas as warlike savages and the chimpanzees as pacifist thoughtful philosophers which is really the opposite for these species. Chimps cannibalize their young frequently and have been filmed killing gorillas in the wild.
        They have also attacked people and the results are not pretty, I honestly never heard of Gorillas attacking people or even Orangutans.

When a male chimp reaches the age of mating and he’s not, he’s very dangerous. In the Tarzan movies I believe they used a adolescent female, the males were to unpredictable.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          Watching Battle for the Planet of the Apes. It just struck me that the Apes were wearing the exact same costumes as they did 1500 years later.

Originally posted by Confessional
          Simian-style transcends our limited understanding… these are the life uniforms of millennia.
          Reuse of prior films wardrobe also helps stretch the shoe-string budget BATTLE was shot with...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

by the time Battle came out I think the movies were all aimed at young kids. Keeping the uniforms the same also kept them recognizable to kids

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎