Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

For once I cannot find the Super Power lineup and it is driving me crazy. What bothers me the most they are not on the Walmart.com website either.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Found the new McFarlane Super Powers Batwing at a nearby Walmart. They only had one, and nothing else from the line. I must say I'm really impressed on how authentic this looks next to the vintage Batcopter and Batmobile. It also looks great with original SP figures.The weight and heft of it seems right. It even has "Power Action Features": a trigger-activated capture claw, and the canopy pops open when you press the Bat-symbol. I'm definitely in for the vintage stuff in this line now!

sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

First time in a while I am having fun toy hunting). Otherwise it's just a chore and the norm nowadays. I wonder if Todd is just teasing us with an unannounced release like this and has a bigger reveal come San Diego.I am sure I will spot something at one of my three or four walmarts that I frequent in the next two weeks) I found the little page punchers at Target this week. Can you see Todd doing a Robot Brainiac ship? or Legion of Doom playset?
        Last edited by powersthatbe; Jul 9, '22, 7:23 PM.

Comment

• KnightDetective
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 31, 2012

The yellow oval bat symbol on blue makes me happy!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Found the new McFarlane Super Powers Batwing at a nearby Walmart.
            Nice! And what an awesome collection!
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thesharkman
              Museum Patron
              • Nov 1, 2019

Found the new McFarlane Super Powers Batwing at a nearby Walmart. They only had one, and nothing else from the line. I must say I'm really impressed on how authentic this looks next to the vintage Batcopter and Batmobile. It also looks great with original SP figures.The weight and heft of it seems right. It even has "Power Action Features": a trigger-activated capture claw, and the canopy pops open when you press the Bat-symbol. I'm definitely in for the vintage stuff in this line now!
              Glad to see a non-scalper find something. I've been looking and the only ones I've seen are on ePay. Guess I'll have to try a bit harder; there is no Walmart near me =\

thesharkman

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Checked five different Wal-Marts near me yesterday and only found two New 52 Darksides. That one is definitely destined to peg warm.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                  Checked five different Wal-Marts near me yesterday and only found two New 52 Darksides. That one is definitely destined to peg warm.
                  I know, right? No offense to Mr. McFarlane, but that was a REALLY dumb choice for a figure. The original SP Darkseid was a peg warmer. So, let's repeat that but with a worse design! LOL

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

It's a weird choice, you'd think it would be Wonder Woman but we all know how Todd feels about that.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

After finding the new McFarlane Super Powers Batwing yesterday, , today my wife and daughter found me a Batman!! I was mixed on this one from online shots, since the Jim Lee look is definitely more modern. But this costume did exist as both the Dark Knight Returns and Year One look in 1986, so I'm letting it slide. I like the figure overall. I have always liked my "darker" Batman figures in midnight/navy blue. Not really sure why McFarlane attached the cape to the blister with a plastic tab. It leaves a permanent hole in his cape.
                      As you can see, he's slightly taller than the classic SP Batman, but still fits in the vintage vehicles. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with these Bat-items, and am REALLY looking forward to Superman and especially the Supermobile!

sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Nice pics, absolutely love those vehicles, nice pick ups.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

As much as I find the figures a little weird, the vehicles are amazing.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

From AFI, A rumor that an official announcement for the line will be this week.I know it's a modern Lee design,but i like the golden age vibe of the batman figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

The capes bother me on these figures, but that's certainly not a deal-breaker.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

This shot with the 2 bios side-by-side really drives home the subtle difference between Kenner and McFarlane. Do you view Batman as the Caped Crusader who is an "accomplished acrobat" and "ace crimonologist", or do you view Batman as the Dark Knight, "the ultimate vigilante" who "watched as his parents were brutally killed"?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎