X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
    Same, no interest in the character and it's a terrible fit for a retro line.

The new Batman is great. What the first one should have been. The original figure with slightly enhanced sculpt and paint. Hopefully we'll see more like that. I don't want to see stuff like the Joker with his face cut off in Super Powers.
    I disagree about it being a terrible fit for a Retro line.

I don't wanna see ALL modern as opposed to classic designs, but I would certainly like to see Damian in this line eventually.

Batman Who Laughs isn't a bad choice because he's modern, he's a bad choice because he's a terrible design. I'd buy Jaime Blue Beetle, Atrocitus or Arkillo in this line, but this is just ugly.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

aquaman in hand pictures

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm liking it.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Looks pretty nice!
          sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I got my SP swag the other day. The vehicles are great the invisible jet has a zipline grappling hook. Batman is a nice redo of sorts of the original SP figure. The capes are cloth,Like Blis said the Robin should be black and yellow I don't know why it isn't But Ill swap when I find the old one. I might try to pop off the Aquaman head and put on a boss fight studios Flash Gordon head. I do hope this line has legs that they are doing batman like the vintage one is a good sign. I also would like to see 90s(like Total Justice) of Connor Hawke, Peter David Aquaman, Kyle Rayner. Bet they do a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

It does look cool, nice pick up.

Comment

• Dannyc
                • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by libby 1957dog

looks like the back to basics improvement have been made

as heres the new batman looking like a improvement on the original version

your mileage may vary lol
                Wow. I'm not even the biggest fan of the backlit cowl look from the comics but, I have to admit that looks surprisingly good...dare I say even an improvement over the original SP Bats.

Comment

• fun guy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 24, 2011

yeah,i would like to see super powers 40th anniversary action figures in 2024

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Got a great belated set of Father's Day gifts from my family through the mail yesterday! Love the new Batmobile! Kind of an updated version of the 1964 comic version. Fits right in with the original Super Powers model, the best Batmobile toy ever made! The Invisible Jet is a bit small, but very cool, and reminiscent of the design Kenner proposed for the original Super Powers line, and the Mego CAH version. The new Batman is a near perfect repro of the original with longer ears and a perma-shadow, which is how I wanted him in 1984! I appreciate the Tim Drake Robin, but I wish he had the two-tone cape. Overall, Super-happy with this new assortment! I still need to get Aquaman. I hope McFarlane continues in this direction.

I took some pics alongside the vintage Batmobile and carded and loose figures.

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I like that the new Batmobile uses the same plastic as the original and not the softer lighter vinyl type plastic of most modern toys. The new Batmobile feels solid and has some weight to it.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Pretty darn good for some belated Dad’s day gifts, everything looks great, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 15, 2010

Still waiting on the new figures to show, but here’s another photo comparison of the original
                          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 3, 2009

here come the repaints

but on the bright side
                            the whirlybat lol

edit ive just noticed and i note theses are artists renders but they all seem to have a different cape system ie no c clips

Last edited by libby 1957dog; Jul 24, '23, 2:49 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm defintiely down for the 90s Nightwing, Reverse Flash and Black Batman, bascially giving us the Toy Biz figure we saw on the back of the packages, but never released. That Whirly Bat is fantastic looking!
                              sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

Oh I am getting the whirlybat, Batman '89 with Robin and Nightwing! The Flash looks like Wally West Flash.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎