Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

More pics. Everything looks really good. The new Wonder Woman is just a repaint in Super Powers colors and Batman looks VERY close to the original SP figure.

New Non-Walmart Exclusive McFarlane DC Super Powers Products Up For Pre-Order
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

They're up for pre-order at EE and wow, is this is a nice wave of figures. I like everything.

Buy DC Super Powers Wave 4 Batman Classic Detective 4-Inch Scale Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        They're up for pre-order at EE and wow, is this is a nice wave of figures. I like everything.
        I have to give Mcfarlane toys credit, they are really course correcting on the line. That new Batman with style guide retro card art is what you expected when you think of Super Powers. The first Batman was an ugly oddly proportioned mess.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah the first wave was a bit odd, like the original Kenner figures are widely regarded as some of the best figures made. So if you're going to slap that brand on something, it's going to get judged. This new wave feels like the Super Powers but tweaked for today's sensibilities. Really nice job.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I wish Tim had the two-toned cape with the black on the outside, but that's a minor niggle. These are very nice figures. I agree, they've hit the aeshtetic pretty good now. The Batman almost looks like a repaint of the original figure! I always missed his perma-shadow on the Mego and Kenner SP Batman figures, so this is a welcome addition. The vehicles continue to impress.
            sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

That cape on Tim is ***.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2019

I'm in on this new Batman.. all they need to do now is go back and redo Supes too.
                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                  I'm in on this new Batman.. all they need to do now is go back and redo Supes too.
                  A classic Curt Swan supes in carolina blue, with a bold black outline around the S would look outstanding.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    The Batman almost looks like a repaint of the original figure!
                    Maybe with slightly longer bat ears?

I hope they continue with slightly updating and repainting the Kenner sculpts and it would be nice if they'd eventually do a new more Kenner accurate Sups as well. Their first one was kind of a mess and more Toy Biz than Kenner. Not as bad as the first Batman but still not great.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Black Manta is going to be a Walmart exclusive.

McFarlane Toys DC Super Powers 5" Black Manta Walmart Exclusive Figure Revealed

He looks great right out of the Super Friends cartoon.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; May 5, '23, 6:30 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^Nice! I noticed him on the cardbacks. Let's get a Super Friends-like Solomon Grundy!
                        sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

If Black Manta is a Walmart exclusive maybe Reverse Flash is a Target exclusive? Man, Mcfarlane stuff really sells out fast, at least at BBTS that I can see.

Comment

• hizzy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 1, 2023

Love the Batman and WW looks cool but Robin is a bit too modern looking. Aquaman is okay. I wish they looked more like the classic line. Superman was a bit of a miss for me.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                              Superman's Pal
                              • Jun 17, 2005

Those of you following this thread... just noticed they have the four figures from the new wave (Batman, Robin, Aquaman and Wonder Woman), plus the Batmobile and Wonder Woman's invisible plane, up for pre-order on the McFarlane website. Wonder Woman's invisible plane is sold out as a single, but you can get it in the lot if you want everything.

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

I ordered that set from Mcfarlane toys but I dont know if Walmart is going to keep selling these since Wonderwoman ,Nightwing , are peg warming with others at the stores I have been checking

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎