Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

I loved collecting Playmates Star Trek figures in the 90s. I only collected the ones based on the original series. Still love those figures today and happy to see Playmates continuing the line now.

Comment

• Scott777
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 4, 2023

the only figures i've seen are characters i already have. maybe they'll make some new figures or at least new uniforms.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Were the new figures $7? That's a great deal!
        Nope just Superman is going for $7
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MegoSteve
          Superman's Pal
          • Jun 17, 2005

Found wave 2 today, too. My friend and I had plans to visit a big toy store in Westminster MD called Eternia, but on the way to his house I stopped at Walmart and found three Deathstrokes hanging on the pegs. (Eternia's a great shop and worth the trip just to look at the huge volume of action figures and toys they had, but the prices were typical reseller... I'm a bargain hunter and there wasn't much for me.) On the way back, we stopped at a second Walmart nearby that had nothing. After we got home, I stopped at the other Walmart here in town for groceries and they had a single Nightwing on a bent card. I decided to hit a fourth and final Walmart north of me and they were in the middle of resetting their whole toy aisle and had several non-bent Nightwings and Wonder Womanses. No invisible jet yet, but I was happy to get them all today.

Also, be careful opening Nightwing. His fighting sticks are wedged pretty tight in a plastic tray and when I went to pull it out, it popped out and flew somewhere. I thought I lost it, but I found it under the couch after a frantic search.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Found WW, Nightwing and Deathstroke at the Walmart in Georgetown, KY. Nice looking bunch of figures. One thing that impresses me with this line is how clean the paint apps are. Not a splotch out of place on any of them I saw. That's pretty rare nowadays.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Opened my figures. Some thoughts:

Wonder Woman: No magic lasso, which is weird. Also, she has the traditional star-spangled shorts, even though the package art shows the Gal Gadot-like flanged skirt. There's some detail on her boots unpainted that is gold on the artwork on the card. Thankfully McFarlane wised up, and there is NO HOLE in her cape with a plastic tie to the blister tray.

Nightwing: Very clean looking figure. My only gripes are, he's so monochromatic, he's kind of dull in this format. Also, his legs are kind of close together. He looks stiff, which does NOT suit the actrobatic character of Dick Grayson.

Deathstroke: Suprprisingly, my favorite figure of the bunch. He's very colorful, and I appreciate the sculpting on all the textures. Like I said, the paint apps are really clean. This figure feels like he'd fit in better with the original Kenner line than the other two as well.

Overall, a nice wave. I like the headsculpts on these, they seem a little closer in style to the classic SP look, like GL and Flash from the previous waves. You can't beat the price, even at $10. I'm really excited to see what they do next. Here's hoping we all see (ahem) that Invisible Plane soon!

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Great pictures thank you for posting. It's odd WW didn't at least come with her lasso. Her hand is even molded for accessories. Other than that, nice looking figure,
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I would prefer her lasso over a sword or shield, but anything would have been nice. I guess the cape is the accessory? I didn't bother taking it off. Seems like it would be hard to wedge back under her hair, which isn't flexible at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MegoSteve
                    Superman's Pal
                    • Jun 17, 2005

At least a lasso shouldn't be too hard to make with some gold-toned thread or maybe some wire.

Comment

• Scott777
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jan 4, 2023

I found Wonder Woman and Deathstroke

but no Nightwing figures...why is that?

Comment

• Scott777
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 4, 2023

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                        At least a lasso shouldn't be too hard to make with some gold-toned thread or maybe some wire.
                        there's gold elastic string in the fabric department of Walmart. I bought some long ago to use as a lasso for a 12" Wonder Woman.

Comment

• Jase
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 22, 2021

Originally posted by Scott777
                          I found Wonder Woman and Deathstroke

but no Nightwing figures...why is that?
                          Each figure character is packed in a solid case as they each have an individual SKU. Keep checking, you’ll find him.

Comment

• Jase
                            Museum Patron
                            • Sep 22, 2021

Having found the three latest figures, I’m really only enamored with Deathstroke. The original SP Wonder Woman is better than this new version and I’ve never been a huge fan of this Nightwing costume. Bring on the Disco version!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^I think each figure is in it's own case. I bet there's a case of Nightwings in the storeroom.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Scott777
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jan 4, 2023

Originally posted by Jase
                                Each figure character is packed in a solid case as they each have an individual SKU. Keep checking, you’ll find him.
                                aha! i was wondering "WHO bought all the Nightwing figures???" because I have enough of that character. I only want Deathstroke.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎