• fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

Man,I hope this happens soon

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Pics leaked. Modern designs. That sucks.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

That was the supermobile I had always wanted in the line) I never understood why the old toy looked like a blue shark. Superman and Batman look fine to me there. I will always dislike any redesign of Darkseid unless it's Kirby's.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

looks like at least superman and batman are classic designs ,in as much as they have trunks

fingers crossed they have fabric capes and the rest follow the classic format

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Some serious typos/grammatical errors in that figure description on the back of the card.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Todd McFarlane has completely wasted the DC license doing nothing but crappy modern versions of characters that are so ugly I wouldn't want them if he were giving them away.
              Classic designs are classic for a reason. My local stores are stocked with pegs full of unsold DC figures nobody wants. His Page Punchers line is a joke. $10 for a glorified dollar store toy.

The only thing he's done that looks halfway decent are the Batman 66 figures and even they aren't great. Cheap capes and no useful accessories.
              IDK what happened to his company.
              Last edited by enyawd72; Jun 5, '22, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I really like the vehicles for this lineup. That is what the Supermobile is suppose to look like, never understood the redo version.
                redo superpowers.jpg
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  Todd McFarlane has completely wasted the DC license...The only thing he's done that looks halfway decent are the Batman 66 figures and even they aren't great. Cheap capes and no useful accessories.
                  IDK what happened to his company.
                  Yes, it's very surprising to see things like batarangs, an umbrella, or a question-cane not included.

If one looks at the upcoming 7" Aquaman, though fairly traditional, it's not a particularly attractive or well-sculpted figure. I''ll probably only consider the Supermobile from this line.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Yes, it's very surprising to see things like batarangs, an umbrella, or a question-cane not included.

If one looks at the upcoming 7" Aquaman, though fairly traditional, it's not a particularly attractive or well-sculpted figure. I''ll probably only consider the Supermobile from this line.
                    It does look good, but that's what gets me about Todd. All he needed to do was re-release the core twelve Super Powers figures, then start making new figures in the classic SP style.
                    Doing modern looking characters in an 80's style doesn't even make sense. He could have released the legendary fourth wave, simple repaints like Bizarro and Reverse Flash, made some more females like Catwoman, Supergirl, Batgirl, and Cheetah.

But no. He starts the line off with arguably the worst looking Darkseid design ever.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I think there is a built-in market for continuing the traditional line, imagine a Kenner Dark Knight navy/gray version of Batman. Why make the vehicles traditional if the figures are not? Possibly some DC style guide nonsense. But kids will embrace characters regardless and so DC is missing out on the adult collectors.

Don't forget Mera. I'm surprised more heroines haven't been added to the Spinmaster lines but that's repaint central.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

I don't get it. They've already got the modern DC designs in multiple scales now and Super Powers is a nostalgia line. Then add to that the mix of retro vehicles with modern costumes, it just doesn't make any sense. Who is this even aimed at? Modern collectors will be turned off by the scale, lack of articulation and sculpt style and retro collectors will be turned off by the new costumes.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 5, '22, 12:13 PM.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

The Supermobile may be a purchase, but I'll probably pass on the rest. I really don't see the point in not going totally retro, and reproducing existing SP figures and adding figures we never got like Riddler, Batgirl, etc.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

I am hoping that we will eventually get some classic versions of the characters in this line. I could care less about any of the modern designs. I have to agree that Todd has wasted the DC license so far. The only ones I own are the Year Two Batman and most of the Batman 66 figures.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

I would have loved to have collected the figures like the original Super Powers without those gimmicks (that made the figures loose over years) and add in the unproduced figures. As is I will wait to see what comes out and what size the vehicles hold. I was hoping with Mcfarlane that we would get more SP Batman Family figures we did not get like Batgirl, Manbat, Nightwing, smaller (Jason Todd) Robin. Catwoman and Riddler.

On a sidenote back in early 90's I attended a SDCC and was lucky to find the foreign release version of Cyclops & Riddler loose and under $30 each to add to my collection.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• jacoblb
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2009

I watched a portion of Geek Dad Life on Youtube to see the pics and since Mcfarlane isn't going to recreate the old and make new I tapped out.
                                I kind of figured his reputation for hyper detailed figures wasn't going to inspire him to make vintage reissues. The Darkseid figure is horrendous.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎