X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by palitoy
    I'm not sure if I've mentioned any of this before but the first wave is popping up at Gamestops in Canada. It seems each shop is getting 1 of everything, so act fast if you want them.
    I saw them at a local Walmart in Vancouver. I held off on getting a Darkseid as I just dont have the space.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

All the Walmarts in my area are swimming in Super Powers figures now. I bet Superman and Batman dry up with last-minute Christmas purchases.
      sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

My Walmart is clogged with Darkseid figures.

Comment

• Jase
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 22, 2021

The Walmart here is loaded with all of the figures released so far. Today I noticed that they have put Batman, Superman, and Darkseid on clearance for $7.00 each.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I was wrong saying they would sell for Christmss( still a bunch out there and discounted to 7 bucks as someone just stated.Hsd hopes for this revival( but I won’t be negative about it as I got the SP SuperMobile I’ve always wanted.

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Saw that Superman, Batman and Darkseid are on clearance here, too. I'm hoping the Batwing gets marked down... I should have bought one at $19.97 when they first came out.

Comment

• Sabin
                • Feb 7, 2022

My walmart only has about 4 of each left of Batman and Green Lantern, but there are a lot of Superman and Darkseid (I don't think they ever got in Flash and the Buffoon Who Laughs). They are all still full price. The figures do sell, it just seems like most stores just got way too much inventory of Wave 1 (those displays were huge afterall!)

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

I noticed that some of wave one was on sale, but it is just going to have to wait till payday. I want to get at least one extra set to turn in Bizarro's for the fun of it.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Concept was good, execution was mid and it's not appealing enough to kids (plus some weird character selections) and not clever enough for a lot of collectors (plus the SP concept has been milked for years now) and you end up with this. A decent line but far from perfect line, priced well, still doesn't sell.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I agree the concept could have used a bit more work. Modern costumes and characters should have been left out of a retro line. But I also think we've become so conditioned to empty pegs and under-shipped blink and you miss them figures that we panic when things are actually shipped in a normal amount like they used to be. They probably sold really well.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 24, '22, 3:30 PM. Reason: typos
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I think it's a case that Walmart actually ordered more than enough to meet demand, which is unheard of with exclusive toys, or even non-exclusive toys nowadays!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          Yeah, I think it's a case that Walmart actually ordered more than enough to meet demand, which is unheard of with exclusive toys, or even non-exclusive toys nowadays!
                          Agreed, I think we've become way to accustomed to seeing bare shelves and having to pre-order 6 months in advance to get anything.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 24, '22, 8:55 PM.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

Sounds logical. We jump the gun here too often when we see full shelves and think "they aren't selling!" Or the opposite thinking,"The shelves are bare! they didn't make enough stock!"

Comment

• Jase
                              Museum Patron
                              • Sep 22, 2021

Looking at the local Walmart stores here, the Super Powers line was a failure for Christmas. Pegs are so overloaded, even at clearance prices.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Saw this today, Oklahoma Wal-Mart. Looks like a new wave is rolling out.

323868596_3424545067823933_4444733131298089907_n.jpg
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎