Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

What's McFarlane's issue with Wonder Woman? I'd love to see her, too with the Invisible Jet.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

Todd said in a video( for the black adam figures) dr fate holds a spot in his heart for him as he was the first dc character he drew so I’m sure we will see Kent. I hope this line has legs but I’m pessimistic bit will only be a few waves. Hope I am wrong would love to him tackle characters that were on the drawing board for the line but never came to be.Probably will see a black adam SP figure before Captain Marvel.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        What's McFarlane's issue with Wonder Woman? I'd love to see her, too with the Invisible Jet.
        Not WW specifically but female action figures in general. I posted a link to interview with him earlier in this thread where he is asked about making female action figures and goes off on this long bizarre rambling tangent on how buying boys female action figures could lead them into turning into serial killers. The whole thing is just so out there and weird.

Todd's response to making more female characters. Giving a boy a female action figure can turn them into serial killers.

Skip ahead to about 38 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amCR_dmw5KU
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Um, what? From the man who created no-underwear Angela. Not going to opine further.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

great watch and toy otter pops in at around 20 minutes mark to talk about longbox heroes ,a ton of toy industry talk

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

My wife and daughter surprised me with a Supermobile when I met them for lunch today. Looking forward to getting home and playing...er putting it on display!
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I gotta say, I love this thing. THIS is what I wanted in 1984. As much as I loved the Super Powers line then and now, the Supermobile was always a bit disappointing. I know Kenner had concept drawings mimicing the original Corgi/DC design. I'll never understand why they went with the battering ram/meat tenderizer over the fists! I've always loved that original design, from the Corgi, to the comics, to the Super Friends. Yes, the jail cells are laughably small. But the fist mechanism is simple genius. Very satsifying knockign Lex over with them! McFarlane has done a lot of things with the DC license that I don't personally care for, but he did good here.

sigpic

Comment

• MegoSteve
                  Superman's Pal
                  • Jun 17, 2005

Wow, thanks for the pics, Chris. It looks amazing!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

links for the figures: should go active anytime now

Batwing

Supermobile

Darkseid

Superman

Batman

Comment

• MegoSteve
                      Superman's Pal
                      • Jun 17, 2005

Thank you!

Comment

• msenger76
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 3, 2009

I haven't bought myself a new toy in years, but that super mobile is gonna be the one. remind me so much of the corgi jr

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                          Thank you!
                          no bother glad it helps you out

i hope you get fixed up

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Just curious to see how these showed up, and I'm not getting any kind of ability to order online for delivery. I get a button for "Check availability nearby", and when I click on it, none of my local stores show them in stock...even though I've bought a few of these items there.

Hopefully they'll add shipping to home or at least store.
                            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

These are pretty cool, love Superman but don’t understand why he needed a Supermobile? he fly’s anyway, although I like how he stashes Luthor in the trunk.

The Batwing is awesome.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by TrekStar
                                These are pretty cool, love Superman but don’t understand why he needed a Supermobile? he fly’s anyway, although I like how he stashes Luthor in the trunk.

The Supermobile was introduced in plot lines involving Kryptonite or Superman losing his powers, also, it's a way of making money.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎