Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I've always found Super Powers Darkseid incredibly bland, so I like his new jumpsuit.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It's honestly not bad, and the figure is pretty nice. I'm a Kirby purist, so I like his redesigns (which he did for SP and that actually allowed him to get royalties off the characters), but don't really care for anyone else's modifications to the New Gods. Well, the Darkseid/Brainiac hybrid from the JLU finale was pretty sweet.
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I like all of Kirby's Super Powers redesigns.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        (which he did for SP and that actually allowed him to get royalties off the characters)
        Ad that's why we probably don't see them much anymore.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^My understanding was Kirby was grandfathered in on ALL Fourth World appearances after that. He gets credit everytime they show up, so hopefully his estate is getting some residuals. At one time DC was doing this and Marvel wasn't.
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I like some of the Apokolips designs, especially Mantis and the Parademons, but many of them needed more colour, far too earth tone.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^My understanding was Kirby was grandfathered in on ALL Fourth World appearances after that.
              That's good to hear. My understanding was the royalties were only for the redesigns.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jase
                • Sep 22, 2021

Stopped at two Walmarts today and was able to add Batman from one store and the BatWing from another to the Superman I already have. The BatWing was shelf priced at $24.97 and scanned $29.97 (the price of the Supermobile)! They fixed it for me. Wasn’t the BatWing scanning $19.97 when it was first found? I only want classic-ish looks on these, so I will be skipping the LOL Batman and most likely the Darkseid too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, the Batwing was $19.97 when I bought it.
                  sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

These are trickling out at my local Walmart, as are other McFarlane (I found AzBats!) and Marvel Legends toys. Darkseid hit the pegs first, which I skipped. I was only going to get Superman and The Supermobile.

Then Superman and Batman showed up and I bought them both. Then on Walmart.com, I was able to order the Supermobile to ship, them succumbed to my Batman obsession and ordered a Batwing for pickup later today. It hasn't been canceled yet (I had the Supermobile pickup order canceled twice), so I am hopeful.

I picked the best Superman and Batman possible, regardless of card condition, with the promise to myself that these will get opened, even though both cards are in good shape.

It's been an expensive week, with all the new toy resets being filled and my Mego Wave 15 order finally being fulfilled.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                      Superman's Pal
                      • Jun 17, 2005

I saw the Super Powers floor display on an endcap today, but unfortunately it was empty. Looked like they were in the middle of resetting the toy aisle.

My Supermobile was delayed from Walmart.com. Bahhhh.

P.S. Ahhh, looks like it will be here Tuesday.
                      Last edited by MegoSteve; Aug 12, '22, 2:17 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

My Batwing order came through. I picked it up curbside, then went inside to see if they had GL and they did not, but they had the Supermobile. I bought one, went to cancel my online order and sure enough, it just shipped! Oh well, it's easy enough to return one. So I got the items I wanted the most. I can't wait to open that Supermobile!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

My daughter found Superman for me today. Apparently she shoved her Mom out of the way she would get credit for finding it!

They only had one, and as of right now, I'm keeping him on the card. If I see another, I may pick him up and open it. But the card and presentation is honestly doing more for me than the figure, not that I dislike it!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Found the Batwing today. Rang up as $29.99. Same as the Supermobile. Still no sign of the figures.

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

I’m surprised the figures or so cheap.

Comment

• msenger76
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 3, 2009

I've only seen a bunch of batmans and one batwing

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎