Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Funny how something from 1984 tops something made in 2022 with all of our sophistimicated doohickeys and photoshops but yeah....
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Exactly. This isn't awful, but it is...off. And certainly inferior looking to the original Kenner sculpt, which had tons of character.

Not using the same JLGL (PBHN) style guide art for the package is an odd choice when it's also still in use on other retro DC products.
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

If that's how the cape attaches, that doesn't look good.

But, yeah, I agree just the on sculpt with today's digital sculpting advances you should be able to make something look at as least good as something from decades years ago. Because that just does not look as good as the Kenner figure. Seriously, how can looking as good as Kenner's 38 year old sculpts be so hard. Nothing has really matched them.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Good news everyone. I've seen better pics of Superman. The figure is maybe a bit taller than vintage SP but close enough. The cape does clip around the neck like the vintage figures. Looks much nicer with the cape on right. The Batwing vehicle has also been found. Judging by the shelf tags in the pics it looks like these are hitting walmart.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

Photo credit to Jonathan Chouest from a FB McFarlane group- he says Superman was $10, Batwing was $20. The Batman and Robin are old figures.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I really like Superman and love Batwing as well, nice pickups.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, I like this more now that I'm seeing it out of the package. I still prefer the original sculpt, but I see what they are going for here. I wish they'd kept everything classic and vintage in this line, but for $10 a pop, I will probably pick up some of the classic versions.
                sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

New 66 Batman went for sale at target today, tomorrow Black Adam at e-tailers so probable see these for sale soon but I dread if they are a Walmart exclusive(.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

The Supermobile has turned up om ebay. So that's out.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

$10 for the figures and $20 for the vehicles is pretty damn good in today's times. A kid could get a batman figure and the Batwing and it would be around the price for a !:12th figure. I don't like the weird eyes on superman but also i know what they are going for.(and Todd really hasn't raised prices on his figures the past couple years).

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Saw a picture of Batman. Don't know how to link it. Umm, his head looks a little weird. The figure has the pouch belt and the modern bat insignia without the oval. Dark blue and grey colors. The card art is modern. Not retro. The figure is not terrible or great. It's fine. Not as good as the original SP figure.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

with vintage figure ,wont let me post picture says file too big ,heres the link

While not yet officially announced by McFalrane Toys, earlier this month we got our first look at their DC Direct 5" Super Powers line with Darkseid. Well it seems despite McFarlane being mum about these they are already starting to hit stores. When you go to eBay you will find multiple in-hand l...

looks awesome to me and at the price point quoted $10 a figure and $20 a vehicle ,for me its a its a dream come true ,your mileage may vary lol
                          Last edited by libby 1957dog; Jul 1, '22, 4:07 AM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 3, 2009

vintage figure in new batwing ,looks in scale to me
                            Last edited by libby 1957dog; Jul 2, '22, 4:44 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Toynewsi confirms the second series as John Stewart, Flash and Batman who Laughs. They also mirror the pictures that are going around.

McFarlane Toys 5" DC Super Powers Tribute Line Wave 1 And Beyond Details

There are some real head scratching choices going on with this retro line, in my opinion. It makes no sense to make them slightly bigger. It makes no sense to use modern designs. Like hush Batman over SP style guide or the inferior new 52 Darksied redesign over Kirby's icon design. There is also including the grim dark to parody level Batman who laughs who doesn't belong anywhere near Super Powers or a retro line.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

My guess is McFarlane will include some form of Batman or Bat Family character in every wave of these. Hopefully more classic design versions over the new design garbage. You're right Werewolf... that Batman who Laughs or any of the other modern dark DC garbage has no business in this retro line. I don't mind the Hush Batman though that version wouldn't be my first choice. I won't buy any characters based on New 52 or beyond that point.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎