Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The prototype pic of WW that leaked didn't have the rebirth skirt. Just painted blue shorts.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jase
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 22, 2021

If they do the Invisible Plane, I hope they put a foot peg on the wing so Wonder Woman can securely stand on it like she did in the cartoon so often.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Saw The Batman Who Laughs in person this weekend at my town's Wallyworld, so those who actually want this figure (not juding, but it's not for me), it's out there. No Flash, unfortunately.
        sigpic

Comment

• Atomikhammer
          • Nov 20, 2012

The first wave has shown up at Gamestop in Canada. i already crossed to get 'em all, but this is good new going forward for us up here!

Comment

• hussapocalypse
            • Jan 10, 2011

I ran across a Batwing at my local Walmart and initially tried to walk away from it (because of the busted canopy issues everyone seems to be having with it), but couldn't resist it so I rolled the dice and picked it up. I was sweating bullets all the way home, though.
            Fortunately, I am happy to report that the canopy was intact upon opening and inspecting it. I guess I lucked out; or maybe they recognized the issue with the offending spring and made a running change and corrected it. I saw on the video Werewolf posted here that the youtuber guy had bought 3 broken ones.
            At any rate, I immediately took mine apart and pulled the spring out of it so I don't have to worry about it. I swear to Crom I have never slept so soundly in my life as I did that night knowing my damn Batwing canopy is safely in one piece!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I haven't had any issues with my canopy, and opened and closed it quite a bit when I first bought it to take pics. So your mileage may vary.
              sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

My first batwing canopy was broken too.So I just put back in the box and put it away in my storage.My second one worked fine.I noticed the price is still 29.99(the first one I bought was 19.99).

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

just saw this posted on the fwoosh forums ,if true may point the direction and intention for this line

MrTheFrog
                  I wish I had super powers
                  Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am

Hey everyone,
                  I almost never post but I’m super excited about this Super Powers reboot and I’ve had the opportunity to speak with a McFarlane representative recently. They had a couple interesting things to share about the Super Powers line:

-There are no plans to re-release the original Kenner figures (the way that Hasbro has with the Star Wars Retro Collection). They said if that’s what people are expecting then we’re gonna be disappointed. We will continue to see characters/designs from that era (like the Wave 1 Superman) but they will be all new sculpts.

-Everyone at McFarlane is super excited about the line and they come to the different message boards to see which characters we want, so keep those lists coming.

-They asked me what character I was hoping to get the most, and I said an 80’s era Catwoman. They replied with “I can’t tell you if she’s coming or not, but I can tell you that you’re gonna be a happy man.”

-I also expressed interest in some of the Hanna-Barbera characters like the Wonder Twins. He said that they’re definitely not slated for the 1st year, but that they are well aware that a lot of adult collectors are hoping for them to show up to fill holes in the original line.

-Unrelated to Super Powers we talked about the 89 Batman line that they’re gonna be doing. Apparently they’re still working to secure the Nicholson likeness rights. It’s available but expensive, and they’re trying to weigh whether the price they’ll have to pay will be recouped in sales. Personally, aside from the 7” movie line, I’d love to see the movie characters sprinkled into the Super Powers line the way that Toybiz did in the 90’s.

Hopefully this line continues McFarlane’s track record of constant new figures showing up in the marketplace!
                  -Artie

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

It has been known that McFarlane was'nt going to to re-release copies of all the original figures like other companies are doing with Star Wars ,and G. I Joes. The next figures up are New 52 Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Deathstroke.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I hear these are showing up at Gamestop shops in Canada.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

I was in Toys R Us on Friday (west coast, Canada) and none to be seen, there.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          I was in Toys R Us on Friday (west coast, Canada) and none to be seen, there.
                          They probably won't show up there. According to my SW collecting son, a lot of the WM US exclusives come to Gamestops in Canada.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by wise guy
                            It has been known that McFarlane was'nt going to to re-release copies of all the original figures like other companies are doing with Star Wars ,and G. I Joes. The next figures up are New 52 Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Deathstroke.
                            yeah i get that i just thought mcfarlane's excitement about the line and the teams engagement with forums ,the planning of more female figures beyond wonder woman ie the mention of 80s catwoman ,and the mention of 89 batman was worth mentioning

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm quite curious--and of course a bit concerned--about what Aquaman they will do. If we end up with a Rebirth version, I'll be relieved.

I saw TBWL figure today but no Flash or Zoom.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 25, '22, 5:26 PM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                                yeah i get that i just thought mcfarlane's excitement about the line and the teams engagement with forums ,the planning of more female figures beyond wonder woman ie the mention of 80s catwoman ,and the mention of 89 batman was worth mentioning
                                Catwoman and 89 Batman are big news, but I did'nt see anything else about more female figures and McFarlane does'nt think female figures sell that well in an interview I read. I am good with new stuff and no Samuri, Gold Pharoah, Cyclotron , Tyr etc.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎