• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by phil
    I’m surprised the figures or so cheap.
    They are reasonably priced. Super7 would have charged way more the same figures. But they are still really lower cost type play figures. Not much paint, articulation or accessories and no action features. Spin Master charges less and you get way more accessories and articulation.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
      They are reasonably priced. Super7 would have charged way more the same figures. But they are still really lower cost type play figures. Not much paint, articulation or accessories and no action features. Spin Master charges less and you get way more accessories and articulation.
      Ten dollars for a figure that size is a great deal.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I hope they upgrade the capes. Not Kenner quality fabric. They are made out of that same stiff ribbon like material Spin Master uses. Batman's cape came out of the package with a big crease through it. The capes also have little holes in them from the plastic tags they use to hook them to the plastic tray.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I picked up Superman and the Supermobile yesterday. I was hoping to find Green Lantern, but there weren’t any.
          The Superman figure is ok, I wish it scaled a bit better with the original Kenner figures, but the Supermobile is fantastic!! I wished for the Kenner one to look like this. The best feature is the left-right punches the fist on the front are able to do.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MegoSteve
            Superman's Pal
            • Jun 17, 2005

The Supermobile was delivered today! Also, went to Walmart this morning and they had moved the Super Powers display and this time it had a few Supermobiles and Batwings on it, plus 2-3 John Stewart Green Lantern figures. No Batman or Darkseid yet and the Superman figures I spotted are long gone. Still waffling on the Batwing, though I just love that Super Powers exist again.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I just hope and pray we get many waves.figures,vehicles and play sets down the line

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

A proper Hall of Doom playset would be wonderful. I don't think the Hall of Justice can really be improved on.
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Going by the 66 Batcave I don't think we'll get proper 80s style playsets for this.

Got Green Lantern today from walmart.com. Definitely the strongest figure in wave 1. GL is the closest to Kenner scale and sculpt in comparison to the other figures. I'm guessing we will get Hal GL eventually too. Looks like the body has extra details sculpted not needed for John's suit.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 25, 2018

Found the display this morning and was able to get all 4 figures and both vehicles. GL is definitely the best figure of the bunch.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Batman who Laughs and the Flash are starting to hit Walmart.

McFarlane DC Super Powers 5" Wave 2 Flash And Batman Who Laughs Start Hitting Walmarts

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that Batman who Laughs SOOO doesn't fit in any way with the line's aesthetic, at all. Who thought that was a good idea?

I'm digging the rest of this line, but I wish GL and Flash's card had actual action images! The Flash is standing still? Really?
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Even the card is off for whatever that Cenobite-looking guy is.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              Wow, that Batman who Laughs SOOO doesn't fit in any way with the line's aesthetic, at all. Who thought that was a good idea?
                              Agreed, I wouldn't buy that figure on discount.

Looks shorter than JL who is the shortest figure in the line. Shouldn't a Batman/Joker hybrid be, you know, tall? Really does look like it's from a different line.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

My son and I disagree on the character choice; he thinks it's to bring in new people, and I think it's a weird choice to be in the second wave.

It kind of reminds me of the Toad figure in the first wave of Marvel Legends...
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎